Search results

1. C

Snails!

hey, now that you mention that, ive noticed that my snails always like to hang out on the intake and exsust of powerheads, on my HOB overflow "on the slits where the water falls into the overflow. So maybe they do like the flow. also they do like to put 1/2 of there body out of the water too...
  2. C

Help Plz-catching fish for tank in ocean/brackish

hey my fellow reefers, ive heard of people catching sea cucumbers, and small fish in brackish water and in the ocean. my ? is, how do i go about this? with a trap or net? plz let me know. Thanks
  3. C

Protein skimmers? wave makers?

i love my coralife super skimmer 65. you can find them for about $100 everyone i know loves em. good luck
  4. C

Using rock from 50ft off beach- PLZ HELP

het fella's today in cetral florida the tide was very low. I got about 10 pounds of rock very clean looking. i was wondering if i can use it my qt tank. Or do i have to dry it and cure it first? Ive kept it wet. thanks for the help.
  5. C

PLZ help, Clown fish went blind last night

hey lee, thanks again for your replys. 1st. the tank cycled for about 3weeks with nothing in it. This clown that is haveing trouble was added after those 3 weeks. 2nd. It does seem like it could be the brooklyn thing. im thinking about doing the Formalin bath. 3rd. I try to...
  6. C

hey leebca, ive been reading on setting up the qt tank.. it says that i need a simple sponge filter. but it says that the sponge need to sit in the display tank for 4-8 weeks. i need to start the qt today. what do you suggest i do? cut a peice off my sponge thats in my wet/dry? thanks
  7. C

hey leebca, thanks for the info. as for #4 thats not entirely true. all of my corals have plenty of space to grow and spread. Everything im my tank is thriving. Even though i have alot of corals i didnt pay more then $30 each so there relitively small. i can see where the food wasnt the...
  8. C

hey fella's, about 2-3 days ago i noticed that my clown had what looked like "dried" skin or slim on its front 1/3 of its body, and noticed that he lost his appitiete. now last night i noticed he wasnt on his mushrooms that he host to were he is 100% of the time after dark. i turned on the...
  9. C

can i use apoxy to hold down montipora?

hey my fellow reefers, can u use tank safe apoxy PUTTY to hold down a montipora frag? thanks
  10. C

Help. Need to lower temp 4 degrees/no chiller

hey fella's, i recently got a mh light and now my tank is running at about 80-82 at the end of the day. i dont have the money to purchase a chill at this point in time. what can i do to lower the temp.. i already have a fan in between the light and tank.. thanks
  11. C

need a good site for coral placement. thx

hey, i seen a book on corals and each coral had a chart on where to place them in the tank..
  12. C

help-xenia looks like 1/2 of it melted overnight

hey fella's when i woke up this morning 1/2 of my pink pom pom xenia's foot is gone/really messed up.. hes still pulsing really fast but look seriusly sick.. temp 76 everything else is dead on. thanks
  13. C

how fast does monitpora grow?

hey my fellow reefers, im purchaseing a frag of montipora saturday and i was wondering how fast they grow? my water parms. are alway dead on the money, have lots of flow and 250watt metal halide w/ 2 65watt compact floros.. thanks
  14. C

need a good site for coral placement. thx

hey fella's, im looking for a good site to find out tank placements for my softies. thanks u can see my list of them in my signature
  15. C

possible issue - will rust crash my tank?

hey fella's quick question.. ive seen a few people say that it shouldnt cause any problems but, ive heard alot of story's of cheap pump rusting on the inside and having it cause major havoc in tanks.. if i were u boss, i would find it asap.. just my opionion
  16. C

sump/overflowbox

get an hangon over flow.. thats what i use on my 28gal. works great.
  17. C

What are the chances of my box fish releasing toxins?

Hey Everyone, Just purchased a box fish from the LFS. They told me that it was reef safe and it was a good fish for my tank.. Come to find out, it is not totaly reef safe and it can release deadly toxins and kill everything in the tank if it dies or gets stressed out. Any thoughts on...
  18. C

PLZ Help Still Have Problems w/ new 10gal reef

Hey, got my water tested.. Dont know the exact numbers but the LFS said the water is fine.. So now i dont know what is going on. Thanks
  19. C

coraline question

i use a 250 Metalhalide 15,000k and 2 artinic blue PC's and love em.. I would'nt spend the extra money for the t5's. just my opinion