Search results

1. jcoopergd

Getting rid of livestock :-(

:-( Im sad too..... sniff..... But - i've already starting planning what to do with all the extra space - What? A kitchen table? Is that possible?!!
  2. jcoopergd

Getting rid of livestock :-(

Finances are now telling us to let the tank go byby. If anyone in the Long Beach, CA area is looking for rock, coral or fish, let me know soon. We will be keeping all the equiptment for a future tank, but livestock - byby. 3'' Sailfin Tang 3'' Powder Blue Tang 1.5'' Bicolor...
  3. jcoopergd

HydroPonic T5 Setup

Well, Plans changed. Finances are now telling us to let the tank go byby. If anyone in the Long Beach, CA area is looking for rock, coral or fish, let me know soon. We will be keeping all the equiptment for a future tank, but livestock - byby. 3'' Sailfin Tang 3'' Powder Blue Tang 1.5''...
  4. jcoopergd

HydroPonic T5 Setup

I don't have specifics, but i'll grab some and re-post them. The price i found was around $250 for a 48'' 8 buld setup - individual reflectors, and No bulbs included. I priced the same setup (different brand) for anywhere from $375 to $550 without bulbs. I would love to save that extra...
  5. jcoopergd

HydroPonic T5 Setup

First off, Hello everyone - Been a loong time, but i'm back! We are looking at upgrading from our PC 192W setup. We don't need more power, but half of our dual ballast has died (for the second time). We decided we don't like PC's any more, and are looking at either a T5 or MH setup...
  6. jcoopergd

OT: How hot is it?

88 and 48% right now...7:30 at night.... a nearby city did 113 2 days ago.....ouch....and fairly high humidity if i remeber..(i was in a heat dazE)... good thunderstorms indeed....fireworks every evening.. j
  7. jcoopergd

OF: the "Other reef site down???"

Is it just me or is the "other" reef site down??? I cant seem to load it... i guess it goes to show you that sheer #'s can be a bad thing... glad good ole' RS is still in business! j
  8. jcoopergd

Silly Urchins, Frags are for humans!

Title says it all- Put a new zoo frag in the tank today, left the house for 30 min, came back, and Prick our urchin found the frag, and decided it looks better on him!
  9. Silly Urchin

Silly Urchin

10. jcoopergd

Taking The Flame Angel Challenge..Share your success or disaster

Had one for over a year and was a model citizen...then he started nipping at teh xenia....no problem....and a week later, nipping at the clam.....next day, rock out, fish out, fish back to the LFS... j
  11. jcoopergd

Metal Screw in Fishtank...>Problem?

He's more of a deep blue/purple.....He's got red and white feeler antenna, and some neon green spots on his head... but blue/purple for most of his body.. j
  12. jcoopergd

So i saw the screw this AM - ill be able to get it out tommrorow AM, when the GSP's have closed up - but I got a good pic of my pistol shrimp - not sure the exact type, maybe someone can help me out with an Exact ID - its not a japanese pistol, i dont think, so who knows..
  13. Pistol Shrimp

Pistol Shrimp

Our Cute Pistol Shrimp
  14. jcoopergd

Please, what is growing in my tank......

an idea - Digitate hydroids but if not, check out this site- http://melevsreef.com/id/crawls.html a great site that has images of almost everything, with small descriptions.. j
  15. jcoopergd

OT How do you make a living???

Well, I USED to Manage a Restaurant in Los Angeles, but now I work for a restaurant software company.....My job is to make the software work with each client....But im jsut starting my 3rd week.... j
  16. jcoopergd

magnet....thats a good idea.... im not afraid of being shot by the pistol once, but since i have to go into his home, it would be shot like 20 times....ive been hit before, and its the shock of getting electricuted....the pain of the elbow on the canopy...and the shock that none of your skin...
  17. jcoopergd

Hello all, question, i was installing some new moonilights, and one of the screws fell into the tank, and landed right in my Pistol Shrimps lair.....I tried to get it out, but i cant go near the shrimp without him "Pistoling" me, I can't even see the shrimp as its lodged into the rock...
  18. jcoopergd

Poll-Cost of a reef tank???

Remeber, all tanks related reciepts are tax writeoffs for your home office.. a good tax attorney can do many things...
  19. jcoopergd

new tank pic

actually - were thinking getting 2 females to complete the harem.....heheh.....already planning on naming her Jen hehe j
  20. jcoopergd

new tank pic

here's a pic of my new tank - with some new inhabitants.. Brad the Anthia, and Frankie the bicolor psuedocromis - Angelina the Anthia is coming in today...:-)