Search results

1. swissgaurd

red sea regular saltmix

went to my coral store today to pickup a bucket of redsea regular salt mix and was told its been discontinued. that was a really good saltmix,and a big letdown. don't know why they would discontinue something that is good. I hope this is not true . it was hard getting redsea to Canada...
  2. swissgaurd

help on breeding clownfish

hi ive been keeping saltwater tanks for 25 years and feel there is an accomplishment missing. ive raised a few bangais but always had and still have a big interest in raising clownfish ive had clownfish lay eggs but I never raised the young. im now at that point where I need to advance in...
  3. swissgaurd

radion g1 advice please

hi im here to ask some buying advice not sure if its a good deal or not but a fellow reefer has a Radion g1 with upgraded TIR lenses selling for 200 and needs a fan replaced,the fixture is in good shape. do you guys think its a good deal and should I jump on this. can I still do more...
  4. swissgaurd

mixing salts

ive been thinking of the salt mixes we have lately. I was and still am a fan of RS salt but,the expense and availability here is not the best,the one store franchise that carries it here only orders a few buckets at a time,they only get in the coral pro and not the regular red sea.Tropic marin...
  5. swissgaurd

salt weight vs mixed gallons

ive being mixing saltwater for 25 yrs now and this past couple years ive been weighing my salt when mixing well today got myself a new bucket and thought to myself ive never weighed a new bucket or have I actually kept a log to see if what is marked on the bucket is actually true. according...
  6. swissgaurd

redsea pro nitrate test kit

i have purchased a nitrate test kit im first time user of this brand of kits. i really like the color meter i find it really easy to distinguish the colors, my qestion is should i use the high range ,or just the regular way. i used the color meter and got 4ppm i then did a test using high...
  7. swissgaurd

red sea coral pro finding

i did a nitrate test on a fresh batch of saltmix and found a hint of nitrate on the low side using salifert.normally i test for alk. anyone ever test for nitrate. it was the end of the bucket.so im out and have to get more. ive been using redsea salts for approx 8 yrs now,but not liking my...
  8. swissgaurd

redsea vs redsea coral pro

i like redsea salt been using it like it seems for ever my question is do i really need to use the coral pro salt im currently using the coral pro and everything is bang on. kinda a confusing question eh for those of you that has used redsea before the black bucket,are you continuing...
  9. swissgaurd

virus

why am i getting a virus threat when i click on things on this site
  10. swissgaurd

vics 225gallon inwall build

my 82 gallon custom tank of 10 yrs was getting a little cramped,so i decided to upgrade to a 225 gal in june i decided on a 225 gallon from miracles. dimensions are 60" x 36" x 24" external overflow on one side with 2x 1/2" drains overflow teeth is removable for easy cleaning one return...
  11. swissgaurd

speared by sea urchin

i just got speared by my longspine seaurchin it penetrated the skin. i dont think i was stung but my finger is killin me. there was blood i pushed more out stuck my finger under as hot water as i can stand. then poured some rubbing alchol on it. is there anything else i should do...
  12. swissgaurd

H2O D-D salt users

for the past month ive noticed my PH drop below 8.0 i use kalkwasser and a calcium reactor yesterday i recalibrated my ph meter. i mixed a fresh batch for 24 hrs and today measured. i get a reading of 7.87 ph i know after 24hrs of mixing the saltmix should be 8.2 ph has anyone checked...
  13. swissgaurd

Rebel Eos

i have a rebel eos digital its the first rebels that came out,i figure approx. 5 years old im looking for a disk that came with it,im looking for a copy can anyone help me. im trying to download photos takin in manual mode, it seems that i cant download unless i have a disk. im running...
  14. swissgaurd

ASM skimmer

ASM skimmer users with all the new type of skimmers out there i still love my ASM its trouble free uses a sedra 5000 pump and can skim like no tomorrow. im tring to get my hydro bill down a bit more, im going to change my return pump to a red dragon and was wondering if anyone has changed...
  15. swissgaurd

possible green bubble algae cure??

the dreaded bubble algae started to infest my tank approx 3 years ago. the only cure was to carefully hand pick this algae,carefully not to break any bubbles,to avaid the spread of more spores. this past summer it got so bad the worse ive ever seen,i pulled my rocks and removed all bubbles...
  16. swissgaurd

temperature controller help

ive always used the dial on the heaters. i decided to try a pheonix controller with titanium heater,this thing worked really good woke up this morning to 75 deg temp. heater cold but reading temp. so i plug in glass heater actually PVS stealth,turn temp all the way down,heater doesnt come...
  17. swissgaurd

sps id pls

im looking to ID this sps for a friend anybody got any ideas could it be a tort thanks vic
  18. swissgaurd

Help T5 Bulb Choice

i turn to you once again for success im currently running 2 x 250 watt icecap 14K MH supplemented by 2 super actinic VHO drivin by icecap ballasts in a PFO fixture my growth and color of sps is excellent but im forced to lower my hydro expenses. so im purchasing a T5 ATI Sunpod 48"...
  19. swissgaurd

breeding bangais

hi im looking for some input from those that have bred bangais ive got a pair that i do believe are breeders. i believe the female transfred the eggs today,yesterday she was plump today shes skinny.the male mouth looks swollen,more than likely there eggs. there in a comunity tank so the...
  20. swissgaurd

thinkin of a sea urchin

i did keep a sea urchin at one time and i do remember it scraping rocks it kept the tank clean of algaes and bumped over some frags , but i dont remember if it eats the pesky bubble algae. does anyone keep one in there reef tank if so what kind i only kept the long spine black type, ive seen...