Search results

1. XBwlr

Bwlr's 92 Corner Tank

It's been a while. How's everyone doin'? I need to get some updated pics on here... hopefully get to it this weekend. I've lost a few things when I was in my "funk". Others things have been doing great though. Still battling the aiptasia... but... atleast I'm still trying. And, I'm an...
  2. XBwlr

Are macro bellows worth buying?

I've never used one... sorry. But, I've read that Sigma does make a good lens. I'm sure any macro lens would work for the tank. You're welcome... I wish I could be more of a help.
  3. XBwlr

You'll probably have to get real close with that too. I like the fact that the bottom rail allows you to move the camera instead of the tripod.
  4. XBwlr

Yea. That's what they're called. The name of them slipped my mind when I posted earlier. I reckon I'm getting old. :/ I've had the set for years... I used them with an old Canon A1 35mm. Now that I've switched to the DSLR, I use an adapter that lets me use my old lenses on it. Anyways... I...
  5. XBwlr

I use adapter rings. The kit came with (2)20mm, 10mm, and a 5mm. If you use 50mm of adapter with a 50mm lens you get a 1:1 ratio. You have to get close to the subject, but, you get some really interesting shots.
  6. XBwlr

Halogen??

I wouldn't. Not the right spectrum and they get too hot.
  7. XBwlr

Any know what this is

Not a prob. Careful with the palys... they're poisonous.
  8. XBwlr

Any know what this is

I'm not sure about the red stuff, it's probably some type of algae.
  9. XBwlr

Any know what this is

Type of palythoa. Nice hitch hiker.
  10. XBwlr

Best PAR Rated 150w HQI Lamp?

250Watt Bulb Comparison Bulb Color Comparisons
  11. XBwlr

Planted article revision help

There are several different routs to go with it and that’s not the topic of this article. There's that... again. routes
  12. XBwlr

Bwlr's 92 Corner Tank

There's was a lady on another site selling them for $8 each. The shipping is the killer.
  13. XBwlr

Bwlr's 92 Corner Tank

Thanks for the info guys. :)
  14. XBwlr

Bwlr's 92 Corner Tank

I've got an order of Berghias coming. Just waiting for the roads to clear up some. They need to shipped overnight, and right now, my road is a sheet of ice. If those don't work, how many peppermints should I go for? I've tried them before, but they disappeared. IIRC, we seen them for about 5...
  15. XBwlr

Bwlr's 92 Corner Tank

Messing around with the tank and camera again. Came up with this shot. I think this is the reason that JoesJuice or kalk paste will never get all the aiptasia in my tank. It's good stuff for the big ones... but, when you can barely see some of them, how are you to get them all?
  16. XBwlr

White Jelly?

Is this what it looks like? That's the best pics I could get without moving a lot of rock. It's mostly on the bottoms / backs of my rocks.
  17. XBwlr

White Jelly?

I think I've got the same type of stuff in my tank. I'll get a pic tomorrow morning/afternoon and post it. It's never really bothered me, so I have never asked about it.
  18. XBwlr

Don't mean to pick it to death... just trying to help. :)
  19. XBwlr

"The kind most commonly seen in local fish stores is common north American." Too many commons... ? How about, The kind seen in most local fish stores is common North American.
  20. XBwlr

"For the average hobbyst the tank needs to be at least 18 inches..." hobbyist