Search results

1. FCatCH76

HELP! Top for 250 reefer?

What about having a glass top made? I made a cardboard template for my 350, just waiting to get to a glass shop to actually build.
  2. FCatCH76

FCATCH76 RSM 250- running since May 2009

I cut a area large enough area for the sump, with some room to wiggle. The tank was up and running for a few months. I just marked the area, used blue painters to help guide the jig saw and had a vacuum cleaner hose next to us as we cut. These cabinets are made from a dense wood. I cut the...
  3. FCatCH76

Greg, Sorry, no pics... I did not hit any screws and no reinforcement other than reinstalling the center brace piece that was cut. The tanks has been this way for 3+ years with no issues. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
  4. FCatCH76

Adding sump to rsm 250

e-shops makes the same overflow and works just as good for half the price...I've been absent from the forums for quite some time but my system has never failed. I use a precision marine sump and cut the center out of my cabinet. You could check my build thread and see what I mean.
  5. FCatCH76

Its going well..coral showing great color and im feeding less food.
  6. FCatCH76

Red Sea Reef Energy

I've been dosing for two weeks and the coral colors are more vibrant with better polyp extension...good stuff!!
  7. FCatCH76

What is this ????

probably this: White Sponge, Clathrina sp.
  8. FCatCH76

RSM 250 AI sol Blue question! (Please help if you own!!!)

I PM'd you what I am currently doing with mine. I am running the 70's on all my pucks. It helped me alot but now you have sparked my interest. Any pics? I start at: 11am- W-10% B-15% R-20% 12pm- W-15% B 20% R 25% 1pm- W-25% B 30% R 35% 2pm W- 30% B 40% R 45% 3pm W- 35% B 50% R 55%...
  9. FCatCH76

Help! I believe it's dinoflagellates!

The tree is Caulepra- macro algae- kept in check its ok but the low lying branches make it hard to eradicate. Pull it now while you can.
  10. FCatCH76

RSM250 MP10 or MP40

Yes, I also have higher flow pumps in chambers 1 and 2. I have a mix of SPS, LPS and softies, more than enough flow. You will not be disappointed! Oh and I am two dots from top speed, reef crest and anti sync mode.
  11. FCatCH76

Lets try some Acans this time

Red acan colonies- Colony 1- 13 heads- $75 plus shipping Colony 2- 34 heads- $165 plus shipping Full pics upon request. Take both and I'll cover the shipping and throw some zoas in for free.
  12. FCatCH76

This ? Is for Matt and engineergoby and anybody else.

take it from someone who spent three days in the ICU from palytoxin poisoning, wear your gloves! Plus you should at least rinse your hands/ arms off before taking a dip. You have no idea the types of bacteria that live within hair.
  13. FCatCH76

The entire colony of green acans and half the colony of rainbows are sold.
  14. FCatCH76

FS: Rare display macroalgae (Rhodopeltis)

I'll take some... Shoot me a PM or email to fcatch76@hotmail.com. Thx, Frank ....Paid!
  15. FCatCH76

Might as well throw these in there: Micromussa- Entire colony for $100 or cut to order ( top left corner of pic) Blastos- 9 Large heads $100 or $15 per head ORA Stunner- 2" Frag for $25
  16. FCatCH76

Same drill as before, need room so lets sell them cheap! Three color morphs to buy. Red, Green and rainbow Lets do: $6 per head on the red and greens with a 3 head minimum $10 per head on the rainbow with a 2 head minimum As usual, the more you buy the cheaper I will...
  17. FCatCH76

Duncans...big beautiful Duncans!!

sold...lock it up!
  18. FCatCH76

Duncans...big beautiful Duncans!!

pm'd- the three head piece with small baby head is available for $30.
  19. FCatCH76

Why switch from rsm250 t5's to led's?

There is no right way to pack them in there. The hood was designed for T5's but the AI's work in there. Like I said, I did mine with very little hacking. I left the timer and the cooling fans intact. I have my fans kick on when the led's are at their maximum intensity. The t5's were pushing...
  20. FCatCH76

Why switch from rsm250 t5's to led's?

I installed two AI SOL's with little actual hacking. All I really had to do was disconnect some stuff. But don't think removing the T5's will cool off your tank. I was sold on this ( and actual used it against my wife), but they were pushing 140 F from the outlet, and absolutely nothing...