Search results

1. Chris3859

Recommended protein skimmers

I have a PM Bullet 2 on one and an AE Tech Reef Devil Deluxe on another. Love them both.
  2. Chris3859

Economic Stimulus and your Reef

OK, I may have to re-route some of my stimulus check. I cracked my fuge when I was cleaning my Mk 4 pump. LOL, you should see the patch job. No joke, I took my daughers bubble gum and stuck it on there...to no avail. I put some silicone on it and it seems to have slowed the leak down a bit...
  3. Chris3859

Law Enforcement Officer Week

Excellent words to live buy Wit. I found your friend on ODMP and left a reflection for him.
  4. Chris3859

I respect you and your opinion Wit. I am just happy for my family.
  5. Chris3859

Thank you royalscott. A little story about the best thank you I had ever got from a citizen...And this is a TRUE story!! About five years ago, Rahamey and I reponded to a call where a 3 year old boy died in his sleep. No details, but my daughters were 3 at the time. I got back in my unit...
  6. Chris3859

Sending PM...
  7. Chris3859

Hey Wit, I do feel bad for the guy. I have met him several times and he is a super guy. But my three little girls need a home too. I am just happy that my family was blessed with this home. I feel blessed that I am able to provide this home to them. These are tough times and to find a...
  8. Chris3859

Witfull, Good for you brother. Never be ashamed to shed tears for the one's that you love. 16 months since Rahamey's death and my heart is still not healed. I was not related to Rahamey, but I spent more time doing things people only see on TV or hear about on the news with him then I did...
  9. Chris3859

My former beat partner and best friend gave his life on January 7th, 2007 in the line of duty, responding to an officer needs assistance/shots fired call. Thank you Witfull for remembering LEO week. Rahamey Mitchell...FCSO #120-I miss you brother, go walk a beat in Heaven's streets, your...
  10. Chris3859

I guess you can say that Varga! It's a 2 year old 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home with a 2 car garage on 2 acres. It was appraised at $280,000...but get this...poor family lost it in back taxes and forecloser....I picked it up for less than $100,000!---By the way, this is Texas so everything is way...
  11. Chris3859

OK, OK...mine is going to be used to help pay closing costs on a new house I am buying for my daughters and I.
  12. Chris3859

Just so everyone knows, Scott and I aren't mad at eachother!
  13. Chris3859

That was the whole point Scott! Like any good politician...You always find ways to interject your point.
  14. Chris3859

Did ya like that Barb..LOL??!!
  15. Chris3859

I appreciate the fact that everyone is practicing their right to free speech here. How about we leave the politics out of the forums and just be thankful that we are getting some of the biggest tax breaks in recent history. Yeah, gas prices suck, inflation is on the rise and worker's pay is...
  16. Chris3859

Coraline Not Growing...

I so know about the API phosphate kit. It sucks!! OK, try this. The color of the test water should be lighter than any of the color tabs on the chart. If it is even close to the lightest color tab...too much phosphate. Try a dedicated phosphate reactor. They are cheap...I have a Kent...
  17. Chris3859

Pictures of my reef

Everyone seems to like my strange rock! It's Totoka, with a Fiji Premium base rock. It seems to be fairly rare from what I can tell in most reefer's tanks. I love it though and it makes mounting corals a breeze. When I frag my leathers, I put them directly onto the totoka rock with a bubber...
  18. Chris3859

Coraline Not Growing...

Here....you can have all of mine. That crap grows all over my glass. I have to scrape it off every few days. It looks pretty on the rocks and overflows though. I just went from a 55 to a 75 like 5 weeks ago and it is trying to grow everywhere. How is your calcium, magnesium. High...
  19. Chris3859

What do you guys think

welcome to R.S.!! I was born in Winter Haven right next door to Lakeland. My mom had me while visiting her parents, who still live in Lakeland.
  20. Chris3859

Pictures of my reef

It is actually a transplant from my 55 gal tank. I have had it set up for 4 to 6 weeks now. I used all the LS, LR and water from the old tank so there was not even a slight ammonia spike. Everything went very well. It's still a young tank and I constantly scrub coralline off of all the...