Search results

1. B

feeding clown tang for long term survival?

i have purchased a clown tang a couple of weeks ago. he is eating very well on the green seaweed but nothing else. i have tried mysis, and brine shrimp also but won't eat it.has anyone had long term survival with these fish, if so what types of food are you feeding these fish. he is in a 180 gal...
  2. B

montipora bleaching while others are fine?

i don't see any nudibranches at all, it is bleaching from top outside edge inward. no slime or goo. mainly discoloration. only thing adedto tank in last 6 months was 2 shrimp to eat aptasia anenomes. i will try and put some pics on here later today. thanks for all your help
  3. B

montipora bleaching while others are fine?

i have 3 types of monti and until 2 weeks ago all are fine but the red one. it is bleaching(dying) temp is ok 78-82, all water parameters are fine but alkilintyis 90(low), ca 400, trace of phosphate, and nitrate, all others 0 ppm. this coral has been in tank for over 1 1/2 years and grew from 2"...
  4. B

here are some diving pics i took in bonaire

bonaire is a island about 20 miles north of south america, twoislands over from aruba. the camera i used here was a sealife 500 with 2 external strobes, it does well for a cheap set up. thanks for looking, i'll be diving again in bonaire after thanksgiving i can't wait to get back down there...
  5. B

must move 90 gal reef, need help?

sold house must move 90 gal in 30 days to new house, any advice? i do have a spare 75 gal i can use as storage of corals? thanks for help
  6. B

here are some diving pics i took in bonaire

i haven't been shooting underwater but a couple trips enjoy! flounder mating at a dusk dive rare pic of frogfish yawning at dusk thanks for looking i can't wait to go diving again
  7. B

red algae problem

thank you all for your help, i will try to remove as much as possible with the next water change, and reduce the feeding and lights for awhile and see how the system goes. thanks for all your replys brent
  8. B

red algae problem

hello, i have a 25 gal set up 6-8 weeks go, sandbed and about 10-15 lbs of live rock. this tank has a good amount of red algae in the sandbed mainly. this tank is set up only for breeding attempts of black clowns, 2 are in the tank and 2 snails and a blue leg crab is all that is in the tank. i...
  9. B

effect of micro bubbles on fish and corals

hello all, i purchased a new remora pro skimmer, it works well, but it seems to create alot of micro bubbles in the tank, i put some sponge material in the return box. it seems to have decreased the bubbles alot, but there still is a little getting in the tank. will this affect my fish i have in...
  10. B

how to save a thread for future veiwing

hello i am new to website,and i have found several threads with helpful info and is there a way to save the thread in myprofile or account to veiw in the future more easily without searching the whole list? thanks for your help!! brent
  11. B

Some pics from Bonaire

nice pics there mate! bonaire is a awsome place to go diving i have been there 4times myself and love the shore diving, as a matter of fact we are going back there in november, can't wait to get back in the ocean! what type of camera do you use? i was looking at posting some of my pics on here...
  12. B

what type of coral is this?

thank you all for the replys on the type of coral i have here. i agree it does look like a fungia, but it is not flat on the bottom side of the coral, it has a stalk that comes up like a candycane,or a frogspawn, so would that also be a kind of fungia? thanks again for all your help with this...
  13. B

what type of coral is this?

i bought a bastomusa coral, and this was growing on the underside of the coral? i took it off and placed it on a rock, it has grown very well since. the head is about the size of a pencil eraser,It feeds on brine shrimp well, it also has a stony skeleton. can anyone help with the discription of...
  14. B

having trouble adding pics to post can anyone help?

i am trying to add pics to post and it says file is to large, how can i downsize the pic to be able to add to post? i am using jpeg. i took pics with a 5 megapixel camera, what can i do to make them work? thanks for all your help Brent
  15. B

coral placement in tank

thanks for the fast reply!
  16. B

coral placement in tank

hello, i have purchased some new pieces of coral and i need advice on place ment in my tank. my tank is a 90 g with 2x 250w mh, and 4x 65w pc. i bought 1 maxima clam and 2 crocia clams, and chalice. i believe the clams like alot of light but little current? but i don't have a clue on the...