Search results

1. T

Hair Algae Eating Fish

Need to check your phosphate levels, I found turbo snails and hermit crabs keep the algae in check in my tank. They do eat it
  2. T

24 Gal nano cube need a skimmer ?

yes I can upload a pic. But its a 24 gal not a 28gal. My question was should I sell my 24 Gal for a 28gal that is able to run a skimmer...
  3. T

am stressing that this tank will not be able to function correctly without one.

am stressing that this tank will not be able to function correctly without one.
  4. T

Hi, Yes my tank has been cylcing, only 3 days, and no I dont have a skimmer, This is why I

Hi, Yes my tank has been cylcing, only 3 days, and no I dont have a skimmer, This is why I
  5. T

Howdy, Thanks so much for your input, this will indeed help me make an informed choice on which route to go for, Perhaps I should stick with the tank I have and make it work... i will have my housekeeping in order and make sure my weekly water changes are done.
  6. T

HI All, I have a 24 gal jbj nano cube, and I cant find a skimmer for it that will fit this tank. So My question is, can this tank run without a skimmer and still be healthy and happy ? It is a new setup and i am cycling it a the moment. Should I sell this tank and get the bigger 28...
  7. T

SW Newbie

Wow, That many in a 24 gal nano ? Thanks will check my side which of these are available.
  8. T

SW Newbie

Okay great! will do, any advice on what type of snails to get ? being in South africa ? or should just ask my local Pet shop ?, Thanks again for all your help. much appreciated!
  9. T

SW Newbie

yeah, same here, well i will give it a week and then add live rock. Am I able to add a banded coral shrimp at the same time ? or should i only add the rock ?
  10. T

SW Newbie

Yes, they said it will kill the bacteria that comes with the coral reef live sand & Aragonite sub strait.... which I dont quite understand why...
  11. T

SW Newbie

Hi, thank you for replying. I am glad to hear that All should be okay, i was also told that I should not add any live rock untill 2 weeks have past. Is this a must ?
  12. T

SW Newbie

Hi all! My name is Wade and I am emailing you from South Africa, I have spent some time on this site and find it very interesting and informative. I have 1 question and wonder if anyone could advise me. I am at the moment cycling a 24 gal JBJ nano cube. All it has in it is Coral...
  13. T

Unknown Shrimp

hmmm a mantis ? I will do some research... My water quality is good so far. Doing frequent water changes and water tests. Thanks for all your help.
  14. T

Unknown Shrimp

Re: Unknown Shrip LOL Lynn ... Its not stocked. Thanks for your reply. a pic is nearly impossible as he is very fast moving and hides all the time. hmmm. I was surprised and happy to see him though. Wish I knew what he is. Hope he is a kracker shrimp. always wanted one lol
  15. T

Hi from Florida

Welcome Im in South Africa Durban ! Heheh Far from the lot of you lol
  16. T

Unknown Shrimp

SORRY I MEANT UNKNOWN SHRIMP! my bad Hey all.. Just wondering if you could help me out.. My tank is 3 weeks old and I am still getting the water right so I have not stocked it as yet. it has one banded coral shrip 4 hermit crabs and a blue damzil 25 kg live rock had to put...
  17. T

Newbie marine tank

Hey all... as you know I have a banded coral shrip and if you read up it a new tank.... I have recently noticed a new addition to my tank. It is a shrip But Im not sure how he got there and what type of shrip it is. It is a bit longer than your thumb nail and rather thin.. Still a baby, it has...
  18. T

Newbie marine tank

:fishy: Okay great... Ummmm where do i find photobucket ?
  19. T

Newbie marine tank

:tumble: Wow... Thanks all for your replies. I started my tank with Sea water that i collected. I live In South Africa. Now I am doing 20 liters a week water changes with RO and salt mix. Going through a phosphate spike at the moment. So Im having to clean algea off the glass everyday. I want...
  20. T

Newbie marine tank

Hi all.... My first post. Just though I would say hi and to say that my First marine tank is 1 week and 2 days old. LOL Its got about 15 KGs of live rock 1 Banded Coral Shrip 4 hermit crabs 1 Blue Damzil now I have to get my water right. So its the waiting and water changing game at...