Search results

1. Jeremy0322

FINALLY back in, 7.5 gallon cube!

Figured I would give a small udpate. Tank is doing very well, everyone seems happy. The eBay light I bought is holding up very well, corals are growing like mad. We also now have a new addition. I have never seen a fish with so much personality ever, it was a great addition.
  2. Jeremy0322

Figured I would add some pictures of recent developments in the tank of mine.... Picked this little guy up last weekend. Green clown goby, who has made himself right at home. Eating and very active! Picked this frag up when I got the goby, opened up pretty quickly and has about 12...
  3. Jeremy0322

Light finally came in and I do have to say I am happy with it, however I dont have any corals in the tank yet so I dont know how they will react to it. The addition of the light means the tank is ready for a fish now so that will be coming soon.
  4. Jeremy0322

well it seems this thread hasn't been updated in forever. It seems like one thing after another came up and the tank kind of just sat in the background. After Christmas though I started working on it again and am almost ready to put the first fish in. Added a 240 GPH Hydor powerhead as well as a...
  5. Jeremy0322

LED Pendant for 7.5 gallon cube

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CXTZN2Q/?tag=reefsanc-20 Im probably going to go with this option. Its a good color, good price, and should be able to support the soft corals that I interested in.
  6. Jeremy0322

I dont have the option to attach anything to the walls here so im just going to have to stick with the fixture I currently have
  7. Jeremy0322

Bump for the morning people
  8. Jeremy0322

First off thank you to anyone that reads this and helps, its a relatively long post but I like to give detail :) Brief overview of tank. 7.5 gallons, 12x12x12. From the sand bed to the surface of the water is roughly 10 inches, and from the surface of the water to the bulb fitting is around...
  9. Jeremy0322

I was looking at the Theo but the reviews I have seen have not been great :(
  10. Jeremy0322

I need your help with something. I need a heater thats less than 9 inches long and cant seem to find one. 50w will be enough for this tank, right? Its around 6 gallons of water
  11. Jeremy0322

Thanks everyone! blackwater - I dont know what the depth on these bulbs would be, but I have seen setups before with DIY fixtures that use multiple bulbs.
  12. Jeremy0322

Update on the tank. Met up with a guy I found on craigslist and he hooked me up really nicely, 3 dollars a pound on rock and 10 lbs of sand for 5 bucks, all out of a system that was beautiful. Got it scaped, threw a small filter on it, and now it marinated haha Here are a few pics of the...
  13. Jeremy0322

Im considering that configuration just because of the red, but I wouldnt be opposed to just the white and blue. I just want to have more white than blue, I would probably go with the 12k bulb. I have been looking around for them used, because of the lifespan of LED's I think you can get away...
  14. Jeremy0322

Also im sure it will get asked so I will go ahead and cover a few of the bases. It will be a sump less system, at least for the time being. Mainly for space concerns but also because it took me months to convince my girlfriend this was a good idea and the last thing I want to do is complicate it...
  15. Jeremy0322

Thanks alot guys! As for the bulb link, this is what I have in mind. Ecoxotic PAR38 LED Aquarium Lamp
  16. Jeremy0322

Been out of the game for a long long time sadly, but I am finally coming back. Deep Blue Professional 7.5 gallon tank, 12x12x12. It will be a slow build, with alot of questions, so I hope your all in a helping mood over the next month. For now here is a picture of an empty glass box in its new...
  17. Jeremy0322

why do i want to keep detritus in my 3 gal nano

Im gonna have to back up the last 2 comments, you really do need to do water changes, especially in a tank of this size.
  18. Jeremy0322

'bout time to jump back in

this is what my equipment list looks like that I want to track down... -10 gallon glass tank -20" 72W (4x 18W) T5 HO Light Fixture - OR - (depending on prices I can find...) -24 inch Current USA Nova Extreme 4x24W T5HO - (2) Hydor Koralia nano power heads - Jager 100 watt heater -...
  19. Jeremy0322

'bout time to jump back in

yea, shipping is a killer :( There are a few people in the pittsburgh area though so when its time to worry about all of that I shouldnt have an issue finding what I want haha