Search results

1. metweezer

5 more questions????????????

Ditch the hydrometer... Buy a refractometer... Much more accurate. My 2 cents. Steve
  2. metweezer

HELP! Ebo Jager question

I hope that you enjoy your Visi-Therm's. I hate them! Erratic as hell:flame: I have heard better things about the VT Stealths. Steve
  3. metweezer

RO/DI filter question

Don't let the water go down the drain. Feed your plants. We're talking tap water here. Wash your clothes. Drink it. It is purer than what came out of the tap. Let it drain into a garbage can with wheels and use it anyway you can. Wash your car.:redcar: Steve
  4. metweezer

Air Water and Ice Typhoon RO/DI Unit

What are you guys putting your RO/DI water in? Do you have auto shutoffs? John, I went to the Vero fish store today and by his own admission he didn't have much fish. He said by Wednesday or Thursday he will have a lot more fish. I like buying fish online anyway as they come with a 14 day...
  5. metweezer

saltwaterfish.com???

SWF.com has a $79.00 minimum order requirement. That's a deal breaker right there as I have only a 29 gal tank. Their forums are awesome though. It looks very much like this one. I have ordered from Pet Solutions & That Pet Place. You also might want to try Dr's Foster & Smith and Marine Depot...
  6. metweezer

Anybody Here From Florida?

Thanks John. I'll be heading up that way in about 2 hours. Steve
  7. metweezer

Believe it or not!!!

I wouldn't reuse carbon. I would replace it. Purigen is rechargable and more efficient than carbon IMO. Steve
  8. metweezer

More Live Rock Needed?

I would say you need 1 1/2 lbs per gal. So 45 lbs of LR in your tank would do nicely. I have 55 lbs (45 live) in my 29 gal. My 2 cents. Steve
  9. metweezer

John, Did you get anywhere with that address? Steve
  10. metweezer

Can't load the page:grr:
  11. metweezer

Thanks Prow:yup: How do you determine how much of the water is being wasted? Is there a gauge that shows the amount of rejected water? Steve
  12. metweezer

Mack Daddy Frag Pack!!!!

Awesome stuff but too rich for my CF lighting:laughroll Steve
  13. metweezer

John, I also plan on purchasing the typhoon III from these guys and I also found out that they are in Fort Pierce (one town above me). I might just get the typhoon. My water pressure is about 65 lbs. I have a water pressure gauge and also have a TDS meter so maybe I don't need the typhoon III...
  14. metweezer

Hi John, Does he have a website? Also I need the location of the store we talked about in Vero. Was it on US1 between Oslo and 4th? Name and address would be appreciated. I believe you gave me the info while we were in the chat room. I definitely want to pay them a visit this Tuesday. Thanks...
  15. metweezer

Hey G, You have a lot of SWF stores near you. Tampa seems to be the SWF capital of the world. Take Care, Steve
  16. metweezer

Introduction Schedule

Well Steph, that is the only fish that is in my QT. So he has to go in. I don't have any other fish. A lot of people differ on my posed question. I guess it is not rocket science. Thanks for your advice, Steve
  17. metweezer

Yes Kathy, It does count. We hurricane survivors need all the help we can get:jumprope: Steve
  18. metweezer

Howdy, (and that's not easy coming from a Brooklyn guy) I go to Vero every Tuesday. Any good SW fishstores up there? Steve
  19. metweezer

Introduction Schedule

Hi All, I have a 29 gal. DT and I am introducing my first fish, a false perc. this weekend. I also would like to have a royal gramma, a lawnmower blenny, 1 or 3 B/G chromis and a yellow clown goby. I guess a skunk cleaner shrimp also. Any suggestions on the sequence I should purchase these...
  20. metweezer

Hey JoJo, Cellpore is Biological as well mechanical filtration and (according to the manufacturer) removes amonia, nitrites and nitrates and purigen supposedly is more efficient than carbon in keeping the tank clear, plus it is rechargable. Thanks for responding so quickly. Steve