Search results

1. jfourn

Looking for new skimmer 180 gallon

I was looking at the reef octopus sro2000......it says it's a 6" skimmer but the acctual dimensions say 12x8.5x22. So I'm assuming the dimensions are with the pump attached???
  2. jfourn

Sump is a 50 breeder
  3. jfourn

Looking for a new skimmer for my 180 gallon reef.....they catch is I only have 7 inches of wiggle room between the top of the sump and the bottom of the tank...... Anyone have a idea for me???
  4. jfourn

Dersa clam

6x2x2
  5. jfourn

Dersa clam

My tank is a full blown softie reef..... 150 is more then enough
  6. jfourn

Dersa clam

Will I be able to keep a dersa under 150 watt halides in 180 gallon reef???
  7. jfourn

Blue tang in a small box.

The largest naso on record is only 18" so average is probally around a foot..... But like I said as long as your rock layout is open
  8. jfourn

Just saying people say that a 180 is too small for a naso
  9. jfourn

I have a yellow and a tomini and naso in 180 gallon.... Which is a good size tank so flame me if you want..... In my eyes no ones home tank can compete with the ocean ..... As long as your don't put 1 of the larger tangs(naso) in a 4ft tank ur all set.... Granted great water quality is a...
  10. jfourn

2 types of clowns in 180 gallon?

i have 2 percs now.... would it be a mistake to add 2 tomato clowns ( had for 4 years in a 20 gallon but wanna brake that tank down) i would wait till tank is fully stocked before adding them ... what does everyone thing ....huge mistake?
  11. jfourn

Reef octopus 1000sss

I have this on my 90 gallon now great skimmer.... Sometimes I think I'm over skimming since this is a softie lps tank but now I am upgrading to a 180 gallon. What is the downfall of using this skimmer for a while.... Is it just changing the cup more??
  12. jfourn

2 bristle tooth tangs in a 180 gallon

any opionons???? right now i have a orange shoulder and a kole tang, dont wanna add another of the larger tangs and since my orange shoulder is a baby he is still yellow so not keen on a yellow so id like another kind of bristletooth
  13. jfourn

lighting a 180 gallon

does everyone agree i can keep softies and lps anywhere in the tank with 3x150 watt halides???? tank is 180 gallon 6x2x2
  14. jfourn

where to keep wiring

where do most people keep their wiring???i have a american dj pc100, vortech pumps and reef keeper..... should i keep it in the stand , behind? id like to see pictures of people wiring so i can get a idea
  15. jfourn

2 holes in oceanic sump

There are 2 holes in sump tank. 1 wanna use for return and the other I don't. Do they sell anything I can use to cap it for future use?
  16. jfourn

where to mount ballasts

where do people mount there ballasts???under the stand???
  17. jfourn

which skimmer would you rather use

asm g3 or a ETSS 700 Refugium skimmer
  18. jfourn

tank mate for orange shoulder tang

in a 180 gallon looking for a nice show piece tang.... already have a kole tang.... looking for some susgestions of tangs that will get along looking for 1 more but not your average sailfin, yellow, hippo
  19. jfourn

Flashing Tilefish

was wondering how the long term sucess with this fish was???do you still have it??didnt even check if your still active on the boards
  20. jfourn

*****show me you soft coral tanks*****

thanks glenn.....that scolly has some awsome color