Search results

1. TheSaltySpitoon

Not enough flow or do i need power heads?

1 return. and its a 4 foot incline into the tank but its rated for 1300 gallons an hour so... ide imagine its pushin 750-800 gals an hour and i have model 4 btw i thought it was 3 but its gotta be 4 :) thanks!
  2. TheSaltySpitoon

Red Slime Algae once again

well do you have live rock?> if so scrub with tooth brush into seperate container and then siphon out the red slime algea once it settles to the bottom after you scrape it off the glass of course.. Also increase flow and lighting could help in future
  3. TheSaltySpitoon

Not enough flow or do i need power heads?

is there not enough flow in my my tank? its 150 gals LONG and i have a 3 (the biggest one) hydor korllia and whatever my return in pushing back into the tank. so i have the return line and then one powerhead making flow. SHOULD i add more flow or is that fine?
  4. TheSaltySpitoon

How often do y'all top off?

i drop like 3 gallons in every three days...
  5. TheSaltySpitoon

asm-g2 skimmer pump....how long did you wait?

Neevrmind
  6. TheSaltySpitoon

ASM g2 with g3 pump?

i have an asm g2... with the sedra 3500 pump. can i put the ASMG3 5000 PUMP on it or will it be to poerful?
  7. TheSaltySpitoon

getting out of the hobby

can i see pictures of the powerheads! im in need of them so if youll pm me im willing to buy :)
  8. TheSaltySpitoon

Renewal in my pumps....Few questions that need to be answered:)

its been a while since i replaced pumps! i thinking about replacing my skimmer pump sedra 3500 pump should i just buy a repair kit with the peices to just replace it with or should i buy a whole new $80 one? the repair kit is cheaper like 30$ is it worth it or is buying a whole new is alot...
  9. TheSaltySpitoon

Fish/Inverts that eat bristle worm

so i walked past my tank today and..... i notice a worm like 3 inches long it was peach colored with white furry sides! i so researched and i have bristle worm its the only one ive seen ever in my tank! What fish or invert eat this thing cause i want to introduce this worm to his worst...
  10. TheSaltySpitoon

Maintaining a steady calcium level!

thanks for summing it all up :yummy:
  11. TheSaltySpitoon

4 10,000kk t5s and 4 10,000kk antics! runs for 14 hours a day 4 antic 10 hours of antic and white lights (most natural) but they wont grow still
  12. TheSaltySpitoon

i have all frags at the moment that are growing VERYYY slowly.... my green star polyps is growing out of control same with my green ricordea tho. but my green torches,and zoas wont grow :( i have them for 4 months now and they hadn't grown much at all! they look bright colored under my antics...
  13. TheSaltySpitoon

how do i that? what should i use or buy?
  14. TheSaltySpitoon

HA Just won't go away!

phosban reactor with phosphate remove in it worked for me i ahd HA all on my rocks in my 145g i scrubbed scrubbed scrubbed my rocks but it wouldnt go away i ran a phosphate reactor on it for 4 months and GONE now i have straight coraline also whats your lighting?
  15. TheSaltySpitoon

Frags not growing :(

k well i fixed my light time! here's my timing 8am-10am Antics 10am-8pm both antics and white on 8pm-10pm antics
  16. TheSaltySpitoon

its been up since last april so like around... 11 months old
  17. TheSaltySpitoon

hahaha good point i dont know i dont test alk or mag. Salinity and temp are fine i know that how do i test or alk or mag? and calcium in that matter?
  18. TheSaltySpitoon

koran angel..!!!!! what to do

its a 145gallon tank with lots of live rock! i saw a fish like him at my local reef shoppe this place is top notch too! its not no cheap pet store with a couple of tanks this place specializes in coral and reef tanks and i saw a koran angel in his tank with corals and he was 89 bucks! but still...
  19. TheSaltySpitoon

Another mandarin bites the dust

Blue hippo tang attacked my Mandarin till he couldnt swim anymore then the crabs took advantage of it and eatted him all up when he was vulnerable!! :waa: i miss him!
  20. TheSaltySpitoon

Parims-Everything is 0.0 Flow-2 550 Gallon power heads on both sides with a retrun pump of like 800 gph With dual over flow box in middle of tank! Size tank: 125G with 30 gallon Sump with ASM g2 Skimmer Lighting:4 t5 HO 54W 460nm Antics Lighting:4 t5 HO 54W 460nm 10kk (White lights) Light...