Search results

1. thelastmucci

The Other "woes"

OK so I'm basically all set with my salinity. Again thank you guys so much. Now onto the other woe. My PH is reading about 7.65 I calibrated last night just to be sure. I have no idea how to make it go up. I know there are additivies but I like the old saying that "if you can't test...
  2. thelastmucci

Salinity and other woes

I have a quick but very important question to anyone that reads this. My salinity is currently at 1.27 and I'm wondering how to get it down to 1.23...I know a water change and adding RO water is necessary. However I'm not sure how much to drain and how much RO water to put in...it's a 39...
  3. thelastmucci

Brittle Stars Good or Evil Opportunistic Hunters.

Hey all I have a quick question. It's getting to be that time where I buy my LR and whatnot from Live Rock - Tampa Bay Saltwater Aquacultured Live Rock and if you look under what the "package" includes it says 2 brittle stars. Now I have mixed feelings about these things. I know they're...
  4. thelastmucci

A look at Mooch's 39 gallon Experiment

Ok folks...I had started another thread about my tank but I decided to put a chronicle up in this section because it would be better if it were here. I've been researching tanks and saltwater stuff now for a little under a year. I am a little scared now that's I'm coming up on the meat and...
  5. thelastmucci

What do I get for salt water mix

OK gang I know, I know your sick of me asking questions. But this is the last component to go before everything is squared away money wise. What is your favorite salt water mix and why. I ask b/c you can't get any real info from the sites. Also what is the difference between IO reef...
  6. thelastmucci

How much to disinfect?

OK I have a question...I've read that the general rule of thumb for disinfecting a tank is to use vinegar. But I don't know what the ratio should be. I'm going to do a leak test soon and was going to run some vinegar though the setup to make it all nice and clean and what not. Any help on...
  7. thelastmucci

What the BLEEP

OK Mods I need your help. I posted a few pictures to my gallery (one of which I'm sorry ended up in the forum that says "do not post here" please feel free to move it or do whatever you wacky mods do.) Unfortunately I've uploaded the same pic like 5 times now and it's not showing up..message...
  8. thelastmucci

Where I've been

Ok so as some of you in my immediate circle know I haven't been around the last few days. I truly apologize for this and plan (key word is plan) to be around as much as usual. I have been in and out of the hospital the last two days and the beginning of the week. More than likely I have 1...
  9. thelastmucci

OT Happy Easter All

Ok so today is Easter and I wanted to wish my crew (who are a bunch of great people) a very happy and special Easter...just think this time next year I should be able to enter my tank into tank of the month:bluenod: To the rest of you I know I don't post that much but I wanted to also wish the...
  10. thelastmucci

Tony's Amazing 39 Gallon Experience

Ok all so I got my tank yesterday and it's all setup (minus the lights which can't go up yet due to the fact that I'm an idiot and broke one of the feet for it.:smck: ) The stand took about 7 hours to build (bob the builder I ain't) and the tank itself didn't take much time. Eddie is the best...
  11. thelastmucci

What's your Favorite?

OK I know I'm the new kid in town but I want to feel as though I'm contributing something to the site and you all seem like you won't jump down a n00b's neck for posting in the lobby/lounge/OT so I figured I'd give it a go. So the following are a few of my favorite things in no particular...
  12. thelastmucci

Cadlights 39 gallon signiture series

Hey all...this is the tank I plan on getting when I get the money. The estimated cost of dry goods, (ie supplies, supplements, equipment) LR, and LS (including some GARF grunge.) and tank/stand comes to about 3k so it won't be for some time...plus I may be moving in about 9 months or so if I do...
  13. thelastmucci

When someone closes a door, I break a window

Hey all new to the site, coming from a bad fish board relationship. My name's Tony I'm 25 and a former US Marine (no I'm not one of those bad arse Marines I'm fairly normal.) I don't currently have a tank yet but I have been doing lots and lots of research online and in books, since about...