Search results

1. Stacef

Free live rock!! (Now what to do with it?)

We just picked up about 300 lbs of used rock from a neglected tank. About half was in one tank and is algae free. The other half.... Not so much. Along with free live rock we got lots and lots of hair algae, aiptaisa, and bubble algae. We don't need it right away. Our DT still isn't even...
  2. Stacef

Sump Design - What would you change about yours?

Hey guys. We are building our 125g sump for our 290g DT. Here are our sump plans, good? bad? ugly? Lay it on us! We want to do this as 'right' as we possibly can. If you could go back with your sump, what would you change today that you didn't know then?
  3. Stacef

Stace's 290 g build

After 6 years of being out of the hobby, we are back. We were still technically newbies when we left previously, our last reef is in my signature. Now we bought a 290 gallon acrylic hex flat back tank. It is scratched, will need buffed. We will be looking for advice, documenting, and sharing...
  4. Stacef

FS GSP, lots of it!

I am getting ready to cut back everything that is overgrowing within the tank. I have Green Star Polyps growing like crazy. I'll seperate with it cheap, not wanting to be greedy, we could just use the money right now, and also if it doesn't sell it will be thrown away because it's killing the...
  5. Stacef

PhosBan Reactor 150

I have had one for quite sometime now and never have used it. I have the Phosban Media and activated carbon. How in the heck do I use it?? Can I put both medias in at once? I know y'all are going to suggest to get two seperate and daisy chain them together but we only have the one reactor at the...
  6. Stacef

Fish themed room/offices

Well, we are planning out a baby nursery. I want it to be 'under-water' themed. All walls painted with a ocean mural. At first, we were going to do Nemo, but figured it may be to 'typical'. I started searching for ocean murals, trying to figure out if I want the ceiling a sky, or the surface of...
  7. Stacef

Dark blue clown goby?

I just got a clown goby and it's very dark blue. I have researched clown gobies, so no one jump on me for that, but have not seen dark blue ones. Anyone have any info/links on them? I can't seem to find any, or I'm just internet impaired today..
  8. Stacef

OT: Happy Thanksgiving RS!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope you and your families have a very happy and safe day today. Hmm....
  9. Stacef

Is something wrong with my brain?

My brain coral that is... You can see the "bump" his mouth is to the left of the bump. Another showing the bump, This is showing the entire brain, you can see on the right on his "skirt" (for lack of better wording) it is "lighter more of a pink" in that section, to the right of...
  10. Stacef

Hair Algae remover

First-This is not my idea, it is another users from elsewhere, but would like to share. Take adhesive velcro, only use the rough side of it. Wrap it around anything stick-like so you can have a handle. I use the end of a toothbrush opposite of the bristles. Waa laaa! Easy HA remover...
  11. Stacef

Alternate ways of fragging Xenia

I have a very overgrown colony of pulsing Xenia that needs to be fragged. It seems that everytime I cut a stalk off, and superglue it to a rock, it's gone the next day, I have tried all different superglue gel, I just think it's the Xenia releasing something where I cut it that is count acting...
  12. Stacef

How often do you clean your glass?

I clean mine daily, if not morning and night, otherwise, it gets cloudy, I have some amazing poopers in my tank I believe that's where it's coming from.
  13. Stacef

OT: The short story of a childs short life

My brother in law (Brandon) is a third grade teacher in Jacksonville, Fl. Brandon and my sister both teach third grade at the same school. The school year started off normal, loud kids, bummed to have summer over. Brandon was going through the information of his students to find out he has a...
  14. Stacef

The short story of a childs short life

My brother in law (Brandon) is a third grade teacher in Jacksonville, Fl. Brandon and my sister both teach third grade at the same school. The school year started off normal, loud kids, bummed to have summer over. Brandon was going through the information of his students to find out he has a...
  15. Stacef

Eternal Reef

I found this very interesting, and I would like to learn more about it. Lots of interesting things to read, and learn about how it is done. Eternal Reefs, A Cremation Memorial Option
  16. Stacef

FS: Trickle Filter

I have a trickle filter for sale/trade. I bought it to get the overflow off of. It was used for about 6 months. Bio balls (for those that prefer them) are there. Everything except for the overflow. I will take pics shortly. It was on a 75g. Thanks, let me know if your interested.
  17. Stacef

Odyssea light question

:snshne: Yesterday I got a 48" Odyssea HQI 2x175w light. :snshne: I am not an expert on them so don't jump on me if I said anything wrong. But we have the ballast for it, it doesn't fit in our stand!! The only way it will fit is if it is standing upright, on it's back end. There are...
  18. Stacef

Live sand or Crushed coral?

Ok, here's the ultimate question-- My fiance and I are disagreeing on substrate for our new tanks we are setting up. I like sand, He likes CC because it doesn't get "messed up" as easily. And simply likes the looks of it. Which do you prefer.. and why. Isn't CC a nitrate trap??
  19. Stacef

FS: ReefKeeper

Hello all! Well, we have held onto this Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper long enough and still haven't used it. It works wonderfully! Everything checks out fine. The temp probe is included. We are taking offers on it. This is NOT the ReefKeeper 2. This is the original. I do still have...
  20. Stacef

My 72g build

Ok, after this weekend, we will be setting up our 72g acyrlic bowfront as a Reef. Currently it is freshwater. We are ordering 60lbs of LR, already have 26lbs We are ordering 60lbs of LS, possibly taking the 30 we have now and adding that too? Currently I have a Bak-Pak2. We are going to...