Search results

1. J

skimz sm201 FS

$325 shipped! Or local pickup in northwest burbs of Chicago.
  2. J

skimz sm201 FS

Holiday special $350 shipped!
  3. J

skimz sm201 FS

Monday bump!
  4. J

skimz sm201 FS

I'm breaking down my tank and need to sell. A few months old and skims like crazy. $350 plus shipping. Located in northwest suburbs of Chicago.
  5. J

Mandarin Diner

Sounds like a good idea however it won't keep nassarius snails out but the crabs shouldn't be able to get in. Good luck. Here is a link to my thread about training a mandarin. Hth. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/saltwater-fish/36506-training-your-dragonette-onto-frozen-foods.html
  6. J

Hello from Illinois

Welcome to the addiction. Where in Illinois are ya. I'm in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
  7. J

Haddoni withdrawn under the sand

Nitrates seem a little on the high side imo. Also what's magnesium.
  8. J

Six line wrasse question

You might have problems with the six line attacking fish though. They can be mean sobs!
  9. J

How to increase my pod population

Dosing phyto will help your pods but can be easily overdosed.
  10. J

Skimmer Choice

I just picked up a skimz sm 201 it should fit in your sump its 9.5X9.5 these things are built like tanks and for the price I haven't seen anything close imo. A buddy of mine has a $2500 bubble king and a $1200 skimz and he said his skimz is running just about as well as his bubble king and at...
  11. J

Ok to add Mystery wrasse?

6 lines can be wicked mean. I had one almost kill a male clownfish.
  12. J

Ballast?

I would say you should be ok but don't quote me. A difference of 2 watts is not much at all.
  13. J

Ok to add Mystery wrasse?

You should be fine. I doubt that the wrasse would go after your shrimp. At 50$ that's a steal.
  14. J

Mixed Clown Breeding?

Probably not much you can do. Babies very sensitive to changes in water chemistry so dropping them into a tank that only had 50% of their original water probably shocked them.
  15. J

do nitrites effect shrimp?

Nitrates affect everything to varying degrees.
  16. J

Mixed Clown Breeding?

Guilty as charged. I missed that too.
  17. J

Mixed Clown Breeding?

I don't think it happens in the wild as much as you would think don't quote me though. I was just wondering that's all.
  18. J

Pregnant Clown fish from LFS?

Unless you are planning on breeding them WHY DID YOU BUY WILD CAUGHT CLOWNS!! There are sooooo many people breeding clowns you can almost walk into just about any pet store and buy tank bred clowns..
  19. J

Mixed Clown Breeding?

I for one don't like cross breeding clowns. The problem is when you sell them to Joe schmoe and he breeds them and sells them as perculas its not a true percula but a cross. It's really a breeders nightmare imo because unless everyone you sell these clowns to tells people they are cross bred...
  20. J

Best marine food

+1 for rods food. Pretty much has everything in it to keep my fish and corals happy. I also toss in some fish eggs as a treat sometimes.