Search results

1. Tasslehoff

Dead In The Water

Hi All Icedeath 2010 hit my area on Friday morning. My power was off until Monday night. Generator ran out of gas somewhere in the middle. My tank is back in the 80s but it bottomed out at 38 degrees on Sunday. Fish didn't make it. So far it looks like the reef had about a 50% casualty rate...
  2. Tasslehoff

I need a DIY guide

Well I'm not much good at starting new threads but if it helps RS then here goes. This is a 150g 72" long 18" wide 24?" deep. For some years I have wanted to put this thing in that wall behind it. Maybe a nice 4 inch trim around the hole, add some MH lighting etc. Suppose you've got...
  3. Tasslehoff

How to Pesticide

It's spring and here come the bugs. I'm concerned about how to use pesticide in the house with the reef tank. I've read that most pesticides are very potent against fish and corals. I could use a pro service or I could try and learn enough to DIY. What do you do? Thanx Tass
  4. Tasslehoff

Florida dives

I've only made dives in the waters off of Pensacola. I've just booked an Orlando, Daytona, Key West trip probably in April. (Three days each) Any dive advice on these areas would be great. Tass
  5. Tasslehoff

elegant mystery

Early in the reef hobby a popular coral was the elegance coral (Catalaphyllia). I just don’t seem to see them around anymore. Ten years ago they were considered very hardy. I remember reading an article about two years ago that implied that as the new technology for reefkeeping advanced, the...
  6. Tasslehoff

Remember the RAG mugshot thread

There are lots of new names over on this side of the reef. I was wondering if we could start up the "I want to see your mugshot thread" again? I think it was Saltygurl that started that one. So post your mugshot. Tass
  7. Tasslehoff

Help from U nanos

I need some opinions. I've had a 150 about 8 years. It was my first and only tank. I'm traveling to see my neice tommorrow. I'm in Tennessee, she's in Pensacola. I'd like to get her a small setup. Can she handle the tank at 12yrs old without any help? What size etc would you...