Search results

1. N

RSM 130 Newbie

I have a 130d and after seeing so many great reviews on Tunze 9001 and intank media basket I purchased both. The skimmer is horrible for me total waste of $117 plus $50 for media basket. For the life of me five weeks still was not skimming right. I even contacted Tunze for help and tried all...
  2. N

PLEASE HELP Red Sea Max 130D Owners - Successfully Set Up - Skimmer/Set Up Help

130d owner here. Up and running for 7 almost 8 months.I recently upgraded very loud stock skimmer with a Tunze 9001 and in tank media basket (5-6 weeks ago) removed stock mechanical filtration and per the intank basket instructions put chemipure elite in bottom rack, purigen in middle and intank...
  3. N

Help - New RSM c-130 runs way too hot!

Forgot to mention I took all my upgrades out and put all the Red Sea stock stuff back in yesterday
  4. N

Help - New RSM c-130 runs way too hot!

I’ve got a 130d to me is running hot i keep it at 79 degrees so 81 not ok with me. I’ve lost all my sps coral frags in 3 days of this heat wave. I got the upgrade pump and upgraded to the Tunze 9001 skimmer and Intank media basket and had nothing but problems since doing so. I don’t get it tanks...
  5. N

Red Sea Max 130/D Pump Upgrade Kit Flow Question/Observation

I just installed the upgrade return/circulation pump and I think it’s got way too much flow wish there was a way to turn it down a tad.
  6. N

RSM 130D...where is the water level “sight glass” I keep reading about??

Awesome! Thank you :) K so weird because I'm certain I have the 130D the manual that came with tank is the 130D and person I purchased from is legit. When I get home I'll look for the "water level window" but shocked I haven't noticed it yet. I don't use the skimmer cup Red Sea said it's not...
  7. N

RSM130D - Skimmer options

Hoping someone can make me feel better about this skimmer..... Just got and installed 2-3 days ago (on an RSM 130D) an Intank media basket and the recommended Tunze 9001 skimmer but I am not loving the skimmer. I've told it takes a week to break in but just seems very tiny and well don't feel...
  8. N

I keep the water level just a tad below black rim
  9. N

. Thank you I did read all of what you said as well just dying to know about this sight window/glass. An ATO is next purchase just spent few hundred on upgrades and hanna checkers all that I need is LED lighting upgrade if not than a chiller but really want LED colors pop so much more with LED...
  10. N

do you mean like level or right under the black rim/plastic above glass? I was wondering because skimmer sucks but just rec'd my tunze 9001 and in tank media basket and cannot wait to get home and install!!
  11. N

Red Sea Max LED Conversions

I'm also looking for some sort of LED add on (as not in my budget right now to spend $250+ on upgrading my entire light system/hood). I'm new to the hobby and not sure if even exists....some sort of an LED add on? I like my T5's but the LED makes corals/colors pop and that's what I'm looking...
  12. N

130D skimmer that bad?

Yes the stock skimmer is that bad. I’m looking for a replacement now this thing sounds like a plane taking off. I contacted Red Sea and they sent me an adjuster valve but yeah I just don’t think it’s skimming the way it should be either and from what I’ve read sounds like the Tunze 9001 is the...
  13. N

Hi all. Hey so I’m wondering where is the water level “sight glass” on the RSM 130D? Thanks!