Search results

1. heels92

Reef Snow vs/and/or Reef Roids

Thanks.
  2. heels92

Reef Snow vs/and/or Reef Roids

Just wanted opinions on one vs the other or use both? Thoughts?
  3. heels92

Food for Maxima Clam

Yes Frankie. I remembered you saying you were building a house last time we spoke. Yes I still have my tank as you can see from my original post, about a year ago my last fish died (most lasted about 10 years and my corals were dying so I felt I was getting what I call "old tank syndrome". It...
  4. heels92

Food for Maxima Clam

Hey Frankie, don't know if you remember me or not, but we met several years ago here in Charleston. I think I got a couple of frags from you. I met you at your house and saw your amazing tank. If this is the same person, how are you and are you still in the area?
  5. heels92

Food for Maxima Clam

Angel fish can nip at them as well. Right?
  6. heels92

Food for Maxima Clam

Thanks. That is what I thought I remembered
  7. heels92

Food for Maxima Clam

Little background here, I have had my saltwater reef/fish tank for over 10 years. About 2 years ago I just decided "turn the tank off to rest"." I decided to continue to do water changesto keep my live rock going, etc. I literally turned the lights off as I had become lax and algae had taken...
  8. heels92

Balance

I'll get pics on here in a few days.
  9. heels92

Balance

Hello all, It has been a while since I have been here. I have been reefing for close to 3 years now and I think I have finally reached balance. Has anyone else experienced that? What I mean is, the water changes, chemicals, temp, lighting, etc...seem to be perfect. It has been that...
  10. heels92

Pipe Organ

Thanks for the input. I will move it up in my tank and keep you posted.
  11. heels92

Nitrate spike

The tank has not even begun to fully cycle yet. Yes you may see the ammonia and nitrites go down, but you are going to see all kinds of flux in the first few months. Just let it settle...do not get too much ahead of yourself.
  12. heels92

Pipe Organ

I just got a beautiful pipe organ colony from liveaquaria.com. It seems to be doing well in my tank. I know that it is a soft coral that some say is a hard coral. I have googled the name and get very little info on the species. Does anyone know much about them? I have it on the bottom of my...
  13. heels92

very new

It can be complicated...but after a while you learn that it is like a garden You will make mistakes, but that is ok. Learn from your mistakes and still make them again...
  14. heels92

Quick ID

I actually thought they were cool looking. I just wanted to make sure they would not take over. I have a corner of hair algae that I have never been able to get rid of. But otherwise tank looks good. Also have some purple macro algae.
  15. heels92

Quick ID

So I just saw this growing in my tank. So I should get rid of this asap? Including the rock it is growing on. Is this worse than hair algae?
  16. heels92

UV sterilizer Yes or No

Normal If you get really heavy coat every day then, too much nutrients. Lights could have something, but more likely nutrients. Phosphate could be a problem. Darrell
  17. heels92

My Regal Angel!!

Beautiful...What kind of camera did you use? Darrell
  18. heels92

Hello to all

Hello Craig This is one of the best resources of info in the world. I am just getting back involved with the room. Darrell
  19. heels92

Hello all, I have not been here in a while.

Hello all, Like I said I have not been back in a while. Summer, work, etc. I have been busy learning things though. I look forward to getting back in the conversation.:bluenod: Darrell
  20. heels92

Which Goby should I get?

Watchman goby here. He does not bother anyone.