Search results

1. nikkipigtails

FS: Pumps and Beckett Skimmer

Skimmer is sold. I need to find a new home for the Hammerhead and the Mag 36. I'll have some extra LR in a couple weeks so that will need a new home as well as the 180 tank/sump only combo. All the plumbing will go along with this guy. Local pick up only, make an offer.
  2. nikkipigtails

Mugshot thread!

Awesome!! Congrats!!
  3. nikkipigtails

Mugshot thread!

Thanks Greg.
  4. nikkipigtails

The Full Tank Shot Thread!!!

Re: Here's a sneek peek of my upcoming 400 gal project. Good grief that thing's massive (the tank, not your wife) :)
  5. nikkipigtails

Mugshot thread!

Thanks Brenda. You know that saying "Jack of all trades, master of none"? Unfortunately, I think that's me. I enjoy doing anything as long as it's creative, I just have a tendency to get bored quickly and move on to the next thing. I think it's the ADD in me.
  6. nikkipigtails

Mugshot thread!

think I may have found a new hobby... here's Livi's first birthday cake that I just finished
  7. nikkipigtails

Kids and the Ocean (broad topic here)

Re: Kids and the OCean (braod topic here) Yeah, the girl was 9 and the boy was 6... So, Al, are you 9 or 6? lol j/k
  8. nikkipigtails

Kids and the Ocean (broad topic here)

Re: Kids and the OCean (braod topic here) The guy we bought our acrylic tank from had one. His kids were playing it when we got there and they were so excited to tell me about all the fish and show me where they could dive to. It was actually really cool.
  9. nikkipigtails

Mugshot thread!

Thanks guys. I'm under the gun to get it finished. Steve is only able to come down this weeken for Livi's first birthday party. So I have to have it finished by Saturday, plus get Livi's party ready. Busy busy busy!!! Good to see you Luukosian
  10. nikkipigtails

Jeremy0322's 55 gallon build

Look at the cabinet build in the first post http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/21891-bigals-slow-chronicle.html
  11. nikkipigtails

Hey Jeremy...I didn't mean that he has a cabinet for his skimmer, but a cabinet next to his tank that looks like it's part of his stand. Kind of like a utility closet. Let me see if I can find a pic.
  12. nikkipigtails

OT: How's the weather?

It's one of those creepy nights. The sky is covered in clouds that are passing by quickly enough so that I can catch a glimpse of the moon every now and then. It should be so dark you can't see a thing, but it's eerily bright. It's so humid you feel drenched as soon as you open the...
  13. nikkipigtails

Scratches in acrylic tank

That sucks!! I'd beat 'em down!! I just spent the majority of my day Sunday buffing out our acrylic aquarium inside and out with an acrylic buffing kit from Everclear. It did an awesome job on the finer scratches (they have a separate one for deep scratches) and it attaches to a power...
  14. nikkipigtails

The skimmer's yours, Jeremy. I also saw that you were contemplating a shrimpgoby. I had a yellow watchman and tiger pistol shrimp in my 180 and they were SO much fun to watch.
  15. nikkipigtails

Red COOL critter on LR

I had a sudden appearance of a LOT of tiny red feather dusters in my tank that look just like that. Their tubes aren't as long as the other micro dusters but they're definately feather dusters.
  16. nikkipigtails

My 120 g Office Reef Quest

Sorry to hear all your troubles. It seems like when we're busy with life, our reef tanks have a way of letting us know that they should always be #1. It sounds like you've got it all under control again. Good luck with your millie.
  17. nikkipigtails

Live Rock Were Tobuy???!!!

LOL. Yes and no. I'm taking down the 180. We bought a 130 custom acrylic cube that's been sitting dry in our bedroom for a while. The 180 literally takes up an entire wall in our living room so we decided to take the 180 down and set up the 130 in the living room because it'll take up a LOT...
  18. nikkipigtails

Live Rock Were Tobuy???!!!

Where are you located? I'm taking down my 180 in a couple of weeks and will have some extra rock if you're interested. I'll have big pieces and nano pieces with lots of coralline available.
  19. nikkipigtails

FS: Pumps and Beckett Skimmer

Skimmer, hammerhead and mag 36 are all still for sale.
  20. nikkipigtails

Cat in the House

LOL. That sounds like it would be hilarous to watch. Good luck.