Search results

1. JWarren

Which T5?!!!

I have the same fixture as Midnight over my 100 gallon and it works great. This unit has two workhorse 7 ballasts. Right now I have 4 UV super actinic, 2 UV white actinic and 2 UV aquasun bulbs in the fixture. I am going to get a set of ATI bulbs and try them out. I have softies and a couple of...
  2. JWarren

SUN BLAZE T-5, 48" Light Fixture from AquaCave

My new Light fixture for the 100 gallon tank. SUN BLAZE T-5, 48" Light Fixture 8 x 54W lamps by Sunlight Supply purchased from AquaCave.com SUN BLAZE T-5, 48" Light Fixture 8 x 54W lamps by Sunlight Supply* - AquaCave This is a good inexpensive fixture for anyone looking to run 8 bulbs...
  3. JWarren

Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

Doodle doo, doodle doo.
  4. JWarren

Air Water and Ice Typhoon RO/DI Unit

Thought I would pop in here and give an update. I still have this RO/DI unit and it is doing great after just over 2 years of operation. Bought this on Feb. 20, 2008. About six months ago I upgraded the membrane to a 100GPD unit and have seen no change in performance. Still takes 14 minutes to...
  5. JWarren

Three zoanthids

I have three zoanthids. One is big, one is medium sized and the other is small. What size tank do you think I will need for them? Will they fight or do you think they will get along?
  6. JWarren

Majano eratication help!!

You can lower a kalk slurry into their mouth and this will reduce their size, but eradication is difficult. If you poke them with a needle they will spew their internal fluids which can release cells that will attach to other surfaces and then you will have another majano or two to contend with...
  7. JWarren

My slow 135g build

Won't hurt a thing. No salt just plain old ro/di at the proper temp.
  8. JWarren

HMA’s 115 gal. Reef Tank

The pod's really put into perspective how small the fry are. Good health to your new little friends Heinz!
  9. JWarren

Nitrate problem in fresh salt water

I'm interested to see what the TDS of the tap turns out to be. :) My tap nitrates are at 65 here in Florida and that is city water. My TDS is 350; legal limit is 400ppm. Won't catch me drinking it! :)
  10. JWarren

When trouble shooting a source of something like nitrates, everything has to be suspect. You are not the first to complain of unexplained nitrates in relation to IO, as I am one of those that have found nitrates coming from the salt mix when everything else checked out OK and I have been an IO...
  11. JWarren

First question; what is the nitrate level of the water you are rinsing the trash can out with? Second question; have you tried letting your salt water mix for 24 hours and induce air? Third question; are you letting the can air dry or are you drying it out with a towel that has been...
  12. JWarren

Nice shots!
  13. JWarren

Ich and my tang

Dip him in Ro/Di water, unsalted, but at the same temp as your tank water. This will break open the spores. If Ick returns you may want to consider treating the tank with a hypo salinity treatment as the little Ick critters will live in the tank for a while until they get a chance to feed again...
  14. JWarren

Just skimmer...

Oh OK.
  15. JWarren

how much I O per gal to do water change

Lynn, that is the problem with using a cup to measure solids, cups are only good for measuring liquids. Always weigh solids and you will find that will hit the mark more frequent with the SG. I have always weighed my salt and it comes out pretty consistant. I always test every batch, cause I...
  16. JWarren

Just skimmer...

Geez, will ya get er done already! :)
  17. JWarren

Who has a frag tank and why?

You can search here or go to Geothermal Aquaculture Research Foundation Home Page I haven't had a chance to put any frags on my web site yet. When I do though, it will be here: John's Aquarium
  18. JWarren

A look at Mooch's 39 gallon Experiment

Muc I was just messin with ya about the pic, cause I don't see one! :)
  19. JWarren

The Full Tank Shot Thread!!!

Nikki, it would be inappropriate for me to give you an Atta Boy! You'll get an Atta Girl when you get that tank stocked out! :)
  20. JWarren

Everything looks real nice Dave!