Search results

1. D

additives?

I know I need to add calcium since my levels were ~420 and I think I need to increase my KdH. What else should I be adding? I see so many products that talk about improving coral growth and health, but I am one whoe think less is best and thus I do not want to add stuff that my tank really...
  2. D

My first Ebay Coral purchase

thanks for the advice. They are all going to be very small so room should not be an issue. I spent the weekend finishing my aquascaping, but I can't seem to get the look I want. I will mess with it some more tonight since I will be getting the first batch of corals this Friday. This might...
  3. D

cool - I now I have 9 total here are the five others that I got Coral #5 Coral #6 Coral #7 - I really like this one Coral #8 Coral #9 I hope they all grow well in my tank - if they do I will likey try to frag them and sell them on Ebay as well. Great variety
  4. D

it is $20 base shipping for me +$5 per frag. The main thing is I can't get these at the LFS and the ones I can are pretty pricey. I bought a similar frag tonight from ThatFishPlace since it is about an hour from me and it is double the price of one frag I got through this guy. I guess I...
  5. D

Red Sea Max - slow and steady

I hope to only drill a few rocks to shore things up and then use epoxy in other spots. I will have the rock in a container and only have it out when drilling. I wish I would have done this from the beginning, but I am sure most people say that all the time about this or that.
  6. D

Koralia 2 + BTA

then I might just get a GBTA instead of spending $100+ on a RBTA :)
  7. D

Coral #1 Coral #2 Coral #3 Coral #4 with shipping it was $92 for all 4. I will likely get a few more from him and the extra ones will only be $5 more per coral to ship with this batch :) If anyone knows other people selling on Ebay that gives a break on shipping to PA please let me...
  8. D

RO/DI Unit - what should I get?

I have a 37g Red Sea Max so I will not need a high flow one, but I do plan on getting a larger tank in a few years. What are the key things it should have? Any particular brand/model to look at?
  9. D

Koralia 2 + BTA

should I worry at all of it getting sucked in? I figure it is drawing water in from all around the powerhead and not one small opening so I might be OK? Just wanted to know before I buy the anenome
  10. D

Red Sea Max - slow and steady

Well its been 2 months since I started and my Ammonia, Nitrite, and nitrate levels have all been 0 for a full month now. I will be getting the other test kits this weekend - I can't find them at any of the close LFS so I have to drive a bit to get them. I am having some issues with algae...
  11. D

snail? slug??

99% sure that is what it is - thanks the "fast movers" part is very true. At least they are good for the tank - I have a bunch of them too.
  12. D

snail? slug??

The mainly come out without the lights on and if you turn the lights on they can actually move relatively fast for a snail/slug. I thought it was a chiton at first, but I am not sure at this point
  13. D

feeding clownfish

I thought once a day was fine, but now I see 2-3 times a day? Is this correct?
  14. D

Lawnmower Blenny - hiding?

fully enclosed, but he might be able to jump into the refuge on the back of the tank - I need to dismantle the hood and look today. thanks
  15. D

I looked the best I can in the tank and can't see him. I will look harder in the sump area tomorrow. Its a Red Sea Max 34g tank and thus it is possibly that he might have gone back there. Being a new tank and the first two fish that I have added I figured I would see a spike if he died so at...
  16. D

I just got one this weekend along with a small clownfish. These were my first two fish that I have added. The clown is really small and I tried to get the smallest lawnmower blenny that the guy could catch. He was small, but not too small. After 2 days my ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates are...
  17. D

CUC - enough?

thanks for the info as for the bumble bee snail this is what the website for where I got them has for them. I will look into it further though, I didn't realize some snails were not reef safe :) I want to finish off my aquascape before I add anything else.
  18. D

CUC - enough?

oops - this is why I need to read up on the shrimp. Thanks!
  19. D

not sure?

I will post more pics if I can, but this rock seems to be the hangout place since at least 2-3 of the hermit crabs will be there and the anemones stay right next to eachother. Its hard to get a good pic of them since something is always blocking them. I assume hermit crabs are immune to the...
  20. D

CUC - enough?

Well this is what I have - 34g red sea max I know some people are not found of crabs, but some people get by with them so I did include them. I am not really feeding the tank since there is enough algae that I don't think I need to. Crabs - 9 3 Scarlet Reef Hermit Crabs 2 Tricolor...