Search results

1. Adam Black

It's been a few years :)

I'd just like to say hi to everyone. I'm a old member but haven't been on the forum for a long time. Im not currently with tank :) I have a wife :) I'll be researching and planning the stages of a room divider peninsula style tank soon. I'll post a build thread once there's something to post :)...
  2. Adam Black

how do you make PROPPER top off water

Do you have pictures of your setup? I'm a little confused. Thanks
  3. Adam Black

I've seen beautiful tanks destroyed because of alkalinity spikes caused by kalk and it sounds like JK burton isn't using a ato but more of a drip till it's all in your system setup. I've seen them fail thousands of times. I've tried hanging a iv bag filled with water to replenish my tanks water...
  4. Adam Black

JK burton, do you have a float switch in place or do you have something that just drips constantly? I would'nt mess with kalkwasser. I've heard to many scary stories of over doing it.
  5. Adam Black

250W SE MH Bulb Recommendation

I'm a fan of Hamilton 14k.
  6. Adam Black

Running 2 pumps?

I use to clean mine once a month. It's nice not to have any powerheads in the tank but the extra power consumption is going to be less with PH in the display and one return than no PH and 2 return.
  7. Adam Black

Newbie question on lighting

These Aquamedic pendents are sweet too... Aqua Medic Ocean Light 1x150 Watt Metal Halide Fixture
  8. Adam Black

Newbie question on lighting

If it was my tank I would drill it or buy a HOB overflow. Hide all that equipment in the sump. You should probably think about a ATO too. Here's what I would do if I didn't have a sump though..... Your list looks pretty good but I might change a few things. First thing you have to remember is...
  9. Adam Black

Running 2 pumps?

Why not just turn your powerheads off at night? You can place them on timers. That's if you have PH's in your display. I think 2 pumps would just add to much clutter in your sump. Also more pumps to clean during your monthly chores. Stick with one.
  10. Adam Black

Shallow Rimless Build

Beautiful work on that floor buddy and cool build thread. I'll be paying close attention.
  11. Adam Black

my 1st sps tank

Look into either a mag 5 or 7 for a return pump. I've had great experience with them. Lighting is personal preference. Me myself like a mixture of 10k and 20k. I found 14k hamiltons and Vho super actinics to be my lighting choice. As far as powerheads you should want something small. The more...
  12. Adam Black

Need help on choosing skimmer & best setup for my tank!!

Try googling your question.
  13. Adam Black

Some High end Z's and P's

Do you have any pics without heavy actinic?
  14. Adam Black

Octopus Hang on Skimmer

I've heard bad reviews about Octo HOB skimmer before they got the pump worked out, But haven't heard anything since. The HOB use to use the sicce pump and it was to much pump for this skimmer so it would over flow. Looks like they have a little pump in there now. Anyways give this one a look...
  15. Adam Black

Guy's 120g Build Thread

Nice skimmer! What pump are you going to run on your gsa? Do you plan on skinning your stand?
  16. Adam Black

OctoXtreme

Sounds like your running to much mesh.
  17. Adam Black

Back Wall - To Paint or not to paint??

I like how this guy painted his....... Sherman Tank 120 - CVR Forums! My vote is for paint!
  18. Adam Black

Elmo's 115G mixed reef

If the tank is still at the manu. you should go with a 48 inch Coast to Coast. I think I'm going to go with the same Return pump. Ocean runner 6500? Sounds really nice by the way:D
  19. Adam Black

Varga's 94 Gallon Cube

What kind of glass am i looking for and are there any questions that I should ask well I have them on the phone? Tank will be 72x30x20. Thanks
  20. Adam Black

Varga's 94 Gallon Cube

Varga is there a online vendor that you get your glass from? Do you have them cut the glass to specs or do you do that yourself?