Search results

1. leahski

biocube 14g ...i have ?????

absolutely. although it might be best to place it in the third chamber with the pump, since the pump will put out some heat...that's what i did anyways. my middle chamber is all LRR and chaeto with filter floss on top of drip tray or whatever it's called...
  2. leahski

strange worm captured - need ID

thanks guys, i think you're definitely right - Eunicid. i was just curious and as a scientist i like to know the names for things!
  3. leahski

Ever have tank nightmares?

haha i don't have nightmares about my reef, i have nightmares INSIDE my reef!! haha it's true. i'm in the tank, but i'm not really human or fish, and all sorts of stuff happens. like, my crab will try to eat me, or a frogspawn will take out everything in the tank...
  4. leahski

strange worm captured - need ID

hey, so i don't have a picture of this guy, but i'll describe him. it's definitely not a bristle worm. - it's dark brownish red in color - definitely segmented - about 1/2 cm in width, about 4-5 cm long it has a small protruded section of the head, but no visible head bristles or...
  5. leahski

Ricks' Oceanic 14G Biocube - my first salt water tank

nice pictures! i'm immensly jealous. i've never been outside of the keys! :) sure is nice to see the real reef, isn't it?
  6. leahski

1st time in here.. so please dont bite

hey! Welcome! don't worry, i've never had a silly question laughed at. and i've asked some good ones! :) when do we get to see your tank?
  7. leahski

Tori's First Marine Expedition!! nano style!

hey! so, again i was delinquent with the pictures. but i have updates! 1) my feather duster is no more. i'm not sure what went wrong, it might have been several small things. i'd like to try again eventually, but i'll make sure to do heavy amounts of research first. 2) my mini carpet...
  8. leahski

Was just thinking, strange but what if?

my friends and i were talking the other day about how cool it would be to have a living heirloom, like a turtle. But how cool would it be to have a tank that was passed down from previous generations? what a cool link to the past. interesting concern, i definitely understand and i hope all...
  9. leahski

in floor tank

why not do just a cool cube tank/coffee table? it seems like it could be easier... plus, who is really going to be able to enjoy it that much if its sunken into the floor? the best view of a tank is from the side. whatever you decide on, pictures pictures pictures! :)
  10. leahski

i want to find out what the average age of RS members is.

yay for March 31st! best birthday ever! :)
  11. leahski

i want to find out what the average age of RS members is.

19...20 in a little over 2 months. weird. my teenage years are soon to be behind me!
  12. leahski

Selling off rics

well if you don't sell of the whole lot, keep a little blue and green aside for me. i'll be out of town for a bit, but after that i'll get in touch with you again!
  13. leahski

Daisey Polyps

Stats? well they're green star polyps if they're growing out of a purple mat. otherwise you could have clove polyps, but they grow individually more like zoas. either are completly low matinence. they can pretty much survive anywhere anything else could, do not need feeding or anything special...
  14. leahski

Selling off rics

okay...how much would shipping be for a $30 blue and a $30 green to 49341?
  15. leahski

The Pegging Club

ooo! well done! you've got some amazing structures going there! sometimes pegged rockwork looks entirely too false to me, but yours looks artsy and cool! (didn't happen to snap any pictures during the process did you?)
  16. leahski

thanks for the info. so do you turn off all of your pumps and use like a dropper or something to squirt phyto directly at it? i think it's probably hard to get a filter feeder to have adequate nutrition in a tank where there's not a fish getting fed daily and spreading food particles around...
  17. leahski

Is a clown goby for me?

hey motocrosstcw, still offering that yellow clown? i'm in GR and i've been keeping a lazy eye out for one.
  18. leahski

new tank inhabitant! my dad brought home a beautiful zoa rock for me! it's got tons of gorgeous orange and green zoas, a great addition to the tank. i know it's wrong of me to tease you like this and not have a picture, but i'll get some soon, i promise! also, on the rock are what to me look...
  19. leahski

Biocube 8g Skimmer question

the skimmers sold for biocubes and most other nano systems are too large for the 8g. but from what i've read/heard/experienced, an 8g doesn't have the space to be able to support enough of a bioload that you need a skimmer as long as you keep up on regular waterchanges and chemistry. however...
  20. leahski

Fuzzy wuzzy micro fiber mitt in reef tank???

three clowns? while i'm a noob at aquariums, i've done my research and from everything i've read a mated pair of clowns do great together, but that otherwise they're extremely territorial. so i think a trio is a bad idea... am i wrong? btw, why were you even asking about the mit? it's kind...