Search results

1. SeahorseBT

Help me win a LED fixture!

My photo made the top ten for this contest on reefbuilders! Vote for my seahorses and help me win the LED light! Io LED contest finalists, help us pick the picture of the healthiest coral or fish
  2. SeahorseBT

My Clowns Spawned!!!!

I won't be able to attempt this batch due to lack of rotifers, but I'll give it a try next time. Here are some pics:
  3. SeahorseBT

My Choati Wrasse

I got a choati wrasse yesterday. He's eating already and out and about. I love him already! Here is a pic.
  4. SeahorseBT

What is this on my tang's nose?

I just noticed it today. The fish appears active and healthy with a good appetite. Any ideas?
  5. SeahorseBT

Blue Star Leopard Wrasse Q's

I just ordered this fish form a site online, and it came in smaller than I expected. She's only about one inch. I put her in a plastic breeder net type thing in my tank with some sand for cover. I know these guys are tough to feed so I have a question: Is it best to leave her in the...
  6. SeahorseBT

Has anybody tried Salifert's New fish food?

Salifert is a reliable company and when I found out they had a new food on the market called "energy plus" I checked it out. Apparently it doesn't pollutes the water as much (don't ask me how) and contains 20 times more protein and HUFA( Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids) than "good quality" frozen...
  7. SeahorseBT

New Sunburst (Fathead) Anthias! (Pics!)

I just wanted to share some pics of my newest addition. He's eating very well.
  8. SeahorseBT

Preventing back siphon in the event of a power outage?

Someone told me a check valve would work, but I can't find one for vinyl tubing.Can anybody direct me to a place that sells them?
  9. SeahorseBT

Bluespot Jawfish 40% off at LA

Liveaquaria.com has blue spots for $90. Just thought I would let anybody who was looking know...They also have one in DD.
  10. SeahorseBT

Check out my New Golden Angel!

I just got her 2 days ago and thought I would share some pics. She is cruising around the back of the tank and coming out into the front for a few seconds before darting back. They are supposed to be shy by nature, but I think she will be more social in my tank because it is a very quiet...
  11. SeahorseBT

Double thumbs up for xiong aquatics!

I ordered 2 zoa frags and couldn't be happier! The customer service was great, they always got back to me promptly. Shipping was fats and packaged very well. They also have some awesome corals at very reasonable prices. Check them out! coral, zoa, zoanthid, lps, sps, chalice, acan, Here is a...
  12. SeahorseBT

Lowering Nitrates?

I recently purchased a 120. We drained the tank and moved it to my house and put all the live rock back in. We still needed more LR so we got some from a fish only tank with live rock that was being broken down.The 120 has been running for three weeks and I had a nitrate spike of about 60ppm...
  13. SeahorseBT

My 120 Reef Chronicle!

I have finally moved up to the big boy tanks! I purchased a used 120 with everything I needed. The tank is lit by 2X150wt MH's and 2 T5's for supplemental lighting. It also came with most of the live rock you see and all the sand, a skimmer, sump, return pump, chiller,a yellow tip RBTA, a green...
  14. SeahorseBT

Wrasse ID? (Pic)

Any ideas what species this flasher wrasse might be?
  15. SeahorseBT

Zoanthid ID?

I got these form work and have never seen them before. Have you guys?
  16. SeahorseBT

Are Blennies ok with clams?

I have heard that because clams grow algae on their shells, blennies sometimes try to eat it off which may not stress the clam right away, but if repeated may harm it. Any personal experience among you guys? I want to get a Midas blenny but am not sure if my croceas will be ok...
  17. SeahorseBT

New Crocea Clams!

I just got these guys from a guy who is breaking down his tank yesterday. They seem to like the T5's. Here are some pics:
  18. SeahorseBT

ID of this sweet macroalgae? (Pic)

I just got this and was wondering if anybody knew the name. It is so bright!
  19. SeahorseBT

My Trip to Panama (lots of pics!)

My family and I just got back from a week in Panama so I thought I would share my pics: Widening of the canal in process.
  20. SeahorseBT

My 34 Gallon Seahorse and Macro Tank!

I just got these guys a few days ago and though they deserved a chronicle. I have another thread (http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/seahorses-pipefish/42791-my-newest-additions-seahorses.html) that has some details of their first few days. I have 2 girls 2 boys and 2 juvis who are too young...