Search results

1. A

New Blue Spot in QT

I did try some sand at first. Neither the wrasse or the Blue Dot went near it. They both seem to be doing ok. The wrasse hides/sleeps under the rock so I may just leave it for now. I should have got a bigger tank. I lost 5 of 6 fish so I just got the 5 gallon the hold the one. But then...
  2. A

New Blue Spot in QT

yup I am running fallow. I’m 1.5 months into the fallow period. Not planning to put the new fish in until early April which will be about 80-85 days. So I should be safe. Anything I should be doing to keep the Blue Dot comfortable? Have a piece of PVC which only the Wrasse uses and a piece...
  3. A

New Blue Spot in QT

yes. Thanks. I have been dosing with Seed. Used it on my main DT and it works well. I’m more just wondering if there is anything special I should do for the Blue Dot while in QT. I’m not using sand but I do have a piece of PVC and a piece of sacrificial live rock (dry).
  4. A

New Blue Spot in QT

sponge was not seeded before hand. I got ich from not QTing fish and lost 5 of 6. So kinda set it up in a hurry. Just got two new fish, a Lubbock Wrasse and then Blue Spot. Both in a bare bottom 5 gallon. I have Seachem badges on both. It’s been pretty much staying in that greenish color with...
  5. A

New Blue Spot in QT

hi all. New to this forum and having some trouble navigating. If there is a thread on this subject feel free to point me in that direction. Just looking for any tips or guidance on keeping this guy in QT for a few weeks. It’s bare bottom with one piece of dry live rock, whisper carbon...