Search results

1. JoJo

Nano/pico tank with no skimmer?

Picked up the 10g. I have to clean it and start figuring out what kind of set up I want. I have a PC set up for lighting, I have to see if I have any PH packed up somewhere and decided if I want to section portion of the tank off for filtration like echo did...
  2. JoJo

Thanks. I just got off the phone with a guy who has a tank and stand for sell. I'm meeting him in 45mins. Found it on craigslist AQUARIUM FISH TANK WITH STAND AND EXTRAS I'll be checking out your thread.
  3. JoJo

Thanks for you input. What thread are you referring to?
  4. JoJo

Thanks for the response. The protein skimmer debate has been going on for years, it all depends on who you ask... I'd do a 10g but no larger, I had a 135dt, 90g sump & 20g refugium (which was easier on stability, but hard on evap and cost) so I want something smaller...5-10g would be ideal. I...
  5. JoJo

I've been checking out small tanks that LFS have set up and none of them have skimmers, just a HOB filter (with filter floss, carbon and LR rubble). I asked how long they've been set up, one store said 6mos and the other said over a year. Both had 2 small clown fish and said they just do small...
  6. JoJo

It's been a long time!

Thanks all Hey Rob, how've you been? Hey Steve, i'm about 5mins from you, just east of 66th St. and 5th Ave North. I ride the motorcycle thru TI a lot, hanging out Gators or Caddy's. Thanks bud, how's life?
  7. JoJo

24hr 5.5 Gal Pico

Nice tank. I'm thinking of doing something similar now that i've seen yours.
  8. JoJo

It's been a long time!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm extremely rusty on SW do's/don'ts, and new to small tanks so i'll be lurking about gathering info. Since i'm a DIYer, i've already found a build that's sparked my interest http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/nano-reefs/48891-24hr-5-5-gal-pico.html
  9. JoJo

It's been a long time!

Hello all. It's been well over 2yrs since I've dealt with anything saltwater. I stripped down the 135g and turned it into FW because I didn't have the time for it since starting our dog rescue. Well things have settled down and while getting dog food today at the pet store I caught the SW bug...
  10. JoJo

skimmer, closed loop pump and SCWD

The SCWD sold as of now. And the prices on everything else are negotiable
  11. JoJo

135gal Reef Build (Many Pics)

Hey Rodney, Your tank is gorgeous, so much life coloration. It makes me regret tearing down my 135g
  12. JoJo

if interested email me, joe@tampabaybullies.org
  13. JoJo

I'm converting my tank to FW so i'm selling some equipment. ASM-G2 Protein Skimmer with a Sedra 3500 pump and the gate valve modification. $140+shipping obo Reeflo Snapper pump, 2500gph. $125+shipping obo SCWD 1" wavemaker. $40+shipping obo
  14. JoJo

My slow 135g build

i'll try to get a pic uploaded once i finish dismantling the plumbing and cleaning everything for sale. The skimmer is rated upto a 150g and it's modified with the gate valve for more accurate skimming. Thanks for the compliments. That does suck they're banned in your area since they're...
  15. JoJo

My slow 135g build

Thats great news Stace, thanks so much for saving her. Did they tell you how severe her HW is? I dont think it could be to bad or they wouldnt have let you adopt her. Please do keep me posted by emailing me: joe@bayareabullies.org and check out me website: Bay Area Bullies. I will be...
  16. JoJo

Willie's plywood adventure

Hey Willie, i'm just skimming through your progress...congrats. i'll have to take some time to really catch up
  17. JoJo

glad to hear you're up & about. it may be worth trying a vinegar wash, let me know how it turns out
  18. JoJo

Hey Willie, your progress is looking good! lol, the first thing i noticed was the lights on the house...you must be planning for the Christmas in July. from the size of that tank & how well you built it looks like you & your truck were both saying "Oh...my back", that thing is massive. I...
  19. JoJo

congrats on the progress, the light at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter by the day. lol
  20. JoJo

My slow 135g build

nice, i'll check out your thread