Search results

1. luistwentyone

what is this ?

I got up real early in the morning (3am) to see how my sick fish was doing, and I saw this orange thing that looked odd, it moved real real slow, but it moved so I knew it was alive ! now, what is it ?
  2. luistwentyone

help with ID

anybody have a clue as to what this is ? I've been seeing them floating on top of the water. last night I cleaned them out, this morning I see more and cleaned them out. I get home from work and there they are again.
  3. luistwentyone

Fumigating my house

question: I am getting my house tented and fumigating. I have an empty 90 gal tank that I will be setting up shortly after the tenting, is there a problem with me leaving the tank in the house while it is tented ? its going to be a FOWLR.
  4. luistwentyone

Red Spots

anybody know what these red spots are ?
  5. luistwentyone

Aptaisa eating fish

last week my fire shrimp ate my peppermint shrimp. now I am having an aptaisa bloom. anybody know what fish I can get that will eat aptasia ?
  6. luistwentyone

Not Good..................

Great White Shark Dies In Captivity Shark Captured By Southern California Fisherman POSTED: 2:24 pm PDT June 22, 2005 UPDATED: 3:14 pm PDT June 22, 2005 MONTEREY, Calif. -- A great white shark mistakenly captured by fishermen died shortly after the Monterey Bay Aquarium transported it to...
  7. luistwentyone

Need help with ID

I have no clue what this is. It moves extremely slow and like a snail, it has a green shell like top with white looking sponge on bottom. anybody seen one of these ? what is it ?
  8. luistwentyone

feeding question.............

I have a 2 week old 60 gal tank. 3 days ago I got 40 hermit crabs and 2 peppermint shrimps. They have done a marvelous job of cleaning the algae and getting rid of the Aptasia. I don't think there is enough algae and aptasia left for them to eat, what should I feed them and how often ?
  9. luistwentyone

A tank is born

pics of my 9 day old 60 gal tank
  10. luistwentyone

Odyssea Lighting

I am looking into purchasing these lights: (sorry guys, link) http://www.aquatraders.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=14 I know Odyssea was formerly Jebo, thoughts on quality, worth buying, not worth buying ?
  11. luistwentyone

New 60 gal glass tank

I got rid of my 75 gal acrylic FOWLR tank, and now starting up this 60 gal glass reef tank. I am open to suggestions in helping me with this new stup. Currently I have a Remora Pro skimmer, overflow to a wet dry filter (I am going to put live rock in it), and a 36" 192 watts Coralife...
  12. luistwentyone

Which skimmer ?

I am working on setting up a 60 gal glass tank. I have two skimmers, AquaC Remora Pro (HOB) and a Kent Nautilus TE (sump). Which one should I use on my tank ? which one would you recommend I use ?
  13. luistwentyone

Question On Live Rock And Copper

Some time ago I had an outbreak of ich in my tank. I wasn't about to take a chance with my prized Clown Trigger, so I treated the tank with copper, thereby killing all of my live rock. Question I have is, I know the live rock absorbes the copper, will it always remain in the rock ? Can I...
  14. luistwentyone

Suggestions For Pump ?

I just bought a NIB, Nautilus TE Skimmer for $100 !! WOO HOO !!! any suggestions on the best pump for this skimmer ?
  15. luistwentyone

Louie (newbie) needs help !

My only experience has been with FOWLR tanks. I have an empty 25 gal tall glass tank that I will use to setup my very first reef tank. I have no idea how much lighting I am going to need. any ideas ? Also, I have noticed that lots of the Jebo light sets on ebay are much much cheaper in...
  16. luistwentyone

White Shark in captivity..........

anybody have an update on how the shark is doing ? I've been searching on the web and can't find anything, other than the first stories.
  17. luistwentyone

HELP ! I think my fish have fleas......

or at least thats what I think. I have noticed lots of tiny white dots on my clown trigger and dogface puffer. Every once in a while they will also dart across the tank, also they will scratch themselves on the liverock. tonight I treated the tank with copper. Anybody have some advice...
  18. luistwentyone

Mufasa has passed on to fish heaven

Mufasa my lionfish had been suffering from Dropsy, I had moved her a quarantine tank I setup for her. She appeared to be getting better, sign that her appetite had picked up. But the swelling on her belly just wouldn't not go away. This morning she stopped suffering
  19. luistwentyone

OH OH ! Mufasa is in trouble !

My lion fish that had lost its appetite and then all of a sudden started to eat again. Well, I noticed his belly starting to swell, and it has gotten to a serious swelling. I did some research on the internet and it appears to me that he has Dropsy, he has stopped eating again, his belly is real...
  20. luistwentyone

Mufasa Has Eaten !!!!!!

after two weeks of not eating, my lion fish has finally taken a bite outta food !!!! he ate two silversides and am sure he wanted more, but I don't want to overfeed him. Thanks everyone for the advice you gave me earlier, I am not sure what exactly did it, but he ate. MUFASA IS EATING...