Search results

1. SPR

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

This is my oldest yellow tang, he’s in the S650 on his own but he’s a handsome devil
  2. SPR

It’s amazing what they collect when ‘bumbling‘ around the tank
  3. SPR

For anyone looking at the X Filters, which are very good, for a tank the size of the S650 or less, I would go for the X Filter 1.0 not the 1.7 The 1.7 has capacity for 10000 lph but unless your putting high flow through the filter paper it can jam through lack of movement. In the S650 I’m...
  4. SPR

The main return pipe is 40mm so you just need a 40mm gate valve, unions connectors, elbows etc. The emergency pipe is 32mm but I haven’t bothered amending that. Its hardly used and although I have the bits to do it I haven’t as yet.
  5. SPR

It’s all in Seachems’s large zip bags in the sump in the large system
  6. SPR

This is the top left hand side of the S650
  7. SPR

I use rowaphos to keep phosphate locked down very low at less than 0.03 and I’m delighted if it’s reading zero (it will just be very low) The idea with the nitrate reactor is to reduce the amount of water changes to around 5% with the long term cost and maintenance saving. Doing 10% or more is...
  8. SPR

Thank you, I quiet like those side shots, and that was the ‘little’ tank No on the diving, I have issues and prefer to ‘paddle’! Lol I stayed in the inflatable when I was in Galapagos
  9. SPR

Thank you, and that’s now just the ‘frag tank’! lol
  10. SPR

Thanks Pancho I don’t have a waterproof camera, but that Akaso looks good and very good value Im just trying to think what I could do with it to be honest, because I can take close up shots, and I never go diving so.... I suppose I could strap it to my head when playing golf to see what I’m...
  11. SPR

A view deep inside a 5 year old coral reef.......
  12. SPR

Nobby's S-650

I haven’t noticed any difference other than originally I thought my alkalinity mix was 1/3 stronger, but now after a month or so it’s the same as I was dosing before with the RS version, probably because it’s the same chemical.
  13. SPR

You don’t realise how spiky these are until you get a little closer
  14. SPR

Somebody just loves my mix of reef roids and reef energy........