Search results for query: skimmer

1. Lipman

Back at it with the RSM250

...letting it do its thing, taking my time this time around and not rushing into it. Just testing every few days, changing out floss and the skimmer and my weekly WC. Next week I am going to rent a Par meter, get some refills for my Hanna checkers and start checking the alk, Mag, Cal etc in...
  2. PSU4ME

Fluconzanole Treatment

...other algae challenges and so far the results have been pretty good. I treat about 170g of water and let it run the full 14 days with the skimmer and carbon off. I seem to notice a bit of water discoloration towards the end but it clears up once the carbon and skimmer go back on. Good to...
  3. glennf

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Update Dec2023 EZ2Goreef, 190 liters. No water changes since 2015. No skimmer, no media reactors, just equipped simple freshwater tech. Doses and power filter do the job. Lighting: the latest JMB seawater lamps.
  4. Lipman

...the broken water cooling fans today, they are still super loud and annoying but hopefully it brings my temps down. Tank just running with no skimmer or lights sits around 79/80F. I've been looking at the Tunze Comline DOC DC Protein Skimmer 9004.001as a replacement to the stock one. I hear...
  5. Lipman

So my pump 1 broke. I replaced it with a Jebao DCA-3000. I'll say this, I never realized how loud that stock pump was. I'm probably going to change pump 2 and the skimmer out with new DC pumps next. Hopefully it will be quieter, use less energy and not run as hot.
  6. Lipman

So I'm going to run the CPE and Purigen, but ill leave my skimmer and lights off (after looking more online). Current update My RODI is making water (need 70Gal, so taking some time). I got some bio support to help with the cycle, and I picked up 40lb of ocean direct Caribbean sand. Next few...
  7. Lipman

...start my cycle should I be using my 2 chemi pure elite and Purigen, or should I wait this out for the cycle to finish? Also should I use the skimmer during the cycle process? Some additional info, Im using dry rock, live sand and no bio filter bag ( was told to not use that last time I did...
  8. SPR

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

...in the big house, and other ‘chores’ that don’t really take long, but I don’t do very often because I’m a LAR! Changed the pump, cleaned the skimmer, cleaned about 50 litres of Seachem matrix. This was a chore. The media bags had all split/broken so the matrix had spilled out a while ago...
  9. SPR

Lol! Your welcome any time to come and clean my skimmers!
  10. N

You cannot complain about cleaning the Skimmer. As I have no tank I don't have one to clean, and believe you me you'd rather clean it than not have one ! and no, I'm not coming round your place to do it for you :)
  11. Bullafca

HELP! Deltec mc500 in a RSM250

Thnx for the reply.. I read om so many forums that people having issues with this skimmer in combi with the rsm250 so hoped that someone here could help me out.. so far I tried with a ato to keep the water level steady at 4stripes in the tank. Put the air valve position on 2 o’clock like the...
  12. D

I can't help you specifically with this, since I have never owned a deltec mc500 skimmer, but I can tell you don't panic, skimmers, even the best of them, can be finicky to setup, especially on a new installation. I'd recommend setting it up so it doesn't seem to skim much or even nothing at all...
  13. Bullafca

...have read al treads with all the tips and settings but notting wil work.. the waterlevel have now is around 4 stripes and the hight from the skimmer self on his highest point.. I’m also running a ATO.. but 1 day it’s completely full with wet skim and the other day there is almost nothing in...
  14. Bullafca

HELP! Help with deltec settings in Rsm250

...read al treads with all the tips and settings but notting wil work.. the waterlevel have now is around 4 stripes and the hight from the skimmer self on his highest point.. I’m also running a ATO.. but 1 day it’s completely full with wet skim and the other day there is almost nothing in it...
  15. Bullafca

RSM 250 New Skimmer

...it for a few weeks now and I still can’t let it work probaly i have tried all tips and tricks from this for but somehow it’s not working for me.. or maybe you want to help me with the right settings?? Also the skimmer hight , waterlevsl etc.. I do have Aaron running.. Thnx in advance Grtz bas
  16. SPR

...it’s supposed to and then clears after a short period of time, I’m using 25-32 micron filter roller media (in each tank) and leaving the skimmer running. My unscientific conclusion, but using the naked eye, after 2 days the glass remains crystal clear (it normally needs cleaning) and the...
  17. SPR

...for nitrate and phosphate I was running rowaphos in a reactor and changing it every 6-8 weeks so never bothered, and I’ve just cleaned the skimmer for the first time in 3 months (on both tanks!) Now some may say Shaun, you’re a lazy bottomed reefer, maybe they would be correct. But I’ve...
  18. N

I would like to get a roller but it's now pretty certain that I will return to the UK within the next eighteen months, so I will not transport the existing system, as that will be a real headache. It'll be better to sale it here and then start a new one. With that in mind I don't want to be...
  19. SPR

...about it. Every time you raise this I automatically reduce the daily amounts, and then think, mmmmm. And put them back up again! The skimmers in both systems hardly produce anything. I’m using 25 micron filter rolls which takes most stuff out If I ever need to replace a skimmer, they...
  20. SPR

Basically me to. But I know what to watch out for.