Seahorse adventure!

cindyp

Thanks Mack its coming along, I just got the skimmer pulling last night it needed adjusted plus broken in
it was kind of a pain to get this skimmer and water level tweaked just right but now its making a decent foam..

cindyp

the tank is coming along slowly,I went through some nasty diatoms and ups and downs with the skimmer
it seems anything I add causes the skimmer to go crazy then I have to start adusting it again.
I have a few more corals most are just placed in the tank for now I really dread what more epoxy is going
to do to the skimmer. I have the chiller however it still needs to be hooked up and I need to buy a pump for it.
I am going very slow and probably wont order seahorses till July.
005-35.jpg

jpsika08

Cindy, congrats on the seahorse adventure as well as both new tanks, (RSM 130 and 250).
I was planning on using my fuge as a Seahorse system but just because of the temp issue, that won't be possible.

Keep us updated as I would love seeing the new ponies in their environment :)

cindyp

the Seahorse tank is coming along after the Diatoms and a short battle with Cyano, I moved things around a bit. I think the ponies will like the vivid colors since they change colors with their moods and surroundings. I planned to order them in July but I think I will put it off til late Sept because of shipping and the temps outside. also by then the tank will be up 5 months and definatley stable lol I'm taking no chances with the Seahorses.keep in mind it's still a work in progress.. here is some HH macro algae:) also ponies love yellow but I can't seem to find any brite yellow pony safe corals any ideas?
tank is 2 months and 3 days old.
064-5-1.jpg

071-1-1.jpg

085-1.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice update Cindy and the tank is looking fantastic! There are some nice yellow Fiji leather corals, but I'm not sure if they're reef safe. Plus leathers can get huge after a while. Yellow Porites (an SPS) might be another one.

Yellow Branching Porites - WYSIWYG

cindyp

thanks I will look into them my biggest concern is corals that can sting the ponies
I think a yellow finger leather just might be what I'm looking for:)

cindyp

thanks, I think I've taken over 200 pics:)
lol heres more! I cant seem to get enough. I'll be feeding them for the 1st time this morning
149-1.jpg

166.jpg

107.jpg

123-1.jpg

109.jpg

cindyp

feeding went great it took about 5 minutes. I use thawed and rinced mysis then soaked it in vibrance until the heads of the mysis shrimp turned red then offered to them with a turkey baster they gobbled it up and the firefish, goby and blenny,jawfish cleaned up what was left this means I will no longer be feeding the fish... right now they are swimming around having a good time, they love riding the current :)

cindyp

Thanks, I feel much better now after seeing them eat a good meal OR said they are fed well
before leaving the facility but it's always a worry until I see them eat with my own eyes:)

SeaSiren

Wow

Beautiful tank Cindy! And horses look great love your vibrant Sunburts and that one Rust colored Mustang is stunning. I have a RSM130 and also the RSM250 but haven't been able to set up the RSM250 yet space issues! HA! So as soon as I can consolidate my community tanks into one 150g FOWLR than I will be able to set it up. Never thought of it as a pony tank but that really is a good idea. I have 3 pony tanks now and 13 horses 3 H. Erectus, 2 White H. Erectus, 2 H. Redi, 2 H. Barbouri, 3 H. Kuda 1 H. Comes and 11 H. Zostare dwarfs need to take pictues they are beautiful I have such a love for seahorses they are fascinating!!! Your tank looks outstanding!!!!