Where to buy big clams?

swimfest

I bought a 6" deresa clam at a fish store fo $40. Now i want more. So i bought a little crocea and he is nothing compared to the monster so would like to be able to purchase a few more big ones. All of the online sites sell 2" ones, does anyone know where i can buy big clams from? does anyone have one they want to sell?

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
If your considering 6" large then they are not that hard to find, check with live aquaria or email our recent sponsor. It also depend on species squams, dersa, gigas are often on the larger side. The more colorful crocea clams are hit and miss and the maximas are pretty much impossible to find larger than 2-3"

If your looking for the foot ball size and larger good luck, :) they are impossible to find now a days.

SecretAgent

Yeah, I have dreamed of owning another clam as well, but, My pockets arent that deep for what people want for them. I would kiss the bottom of anyones shoe that would sell me a nice clam for $40.......and Im talking $40 total, not $40 in shipping, $40 in box fees, and $40 for the clam itself.....=)

Yeah good luck with that! lol you couldnt even get that cheap buying it wholesale.

Yeah, I have dreamed of owning another clam as well, but, My pockets arent that deep for what people want for them. I would kiss the bottom of anyones shoe that would sell me a nice clam for $40.......and Im talking $40 total, not $40 in shipping, $40 in box fees, and $40 for the clam itself.....=)

wetthumbfrags

RS Sponsor
clams can be expensive even at wholesale cost, believe it or not some wholesalers now pick up nice looking ones and wholesale for $100 each just for 2-3" size of black and white ones. Thats not easy for retailers to sell!!

Doing GB is best to safe on shipping if you want to get just one or two pieces.

wetthumbfrags

RS Sponsor
I bought a 6" deresa clam at a fish store fo $40. Now i want more. So i bought a little crocea and he is nothing compared to the monster so would like to be able to purchase a few more big ones. All of the online sites sell 2" ones, does anyone know where i can buy big clams from? does anyone have one they want to sell?

i think Bluezoo has big ones

image_86.jpg

Clams on Demand | Tridacna derasa Clam Ultra 6.5"-7"

That big enough for you? Its 7" Pic dosnt do it justice though. Looks allot nicer in person