Reefer Addict's Reef

Gina

RS STAFF
Dave,
Love the shot of the pods! Kinda like looking at the stars on a cloudless night!

wooddood

the wood dude
looks great dave love the chromis i have have 6 also did have 8 but 2 did'nt look good when i got them and now thier in fishy heaven lol.

addict

Heheh... yeah, it has been a while since I updated this thread... I was thinking that in the next post I'll do a species listing and stuff, and throw in a few more pix to boot... I'm in the computer lab at school right now, so I'll have to do that this evening when I get home.
I'm up to a school of 9 chromis now, which is just about perfect... 5 really wasn't enough... now they actually look like a 'school'... not just a 'seminar'... :D

cjc01

Dave

Spent the last hour reading this thread and enjoying every minute of it. Superb job and congrats.

Ciaran

addict

Thanks Rookie and Ciaran... it definitely was a labor of love. :D
Things are progressing well, though I still need more of a cleanup crew to get these diatoms under control... I dunno why I keep having such a diatom problem with my tanks... looks like I need to get a diatom filter. :)
I'll post some more pix as soon as I get a chance. Like Johnny said above I'm studying for finals that are coming up next week so my free time has been sparse lately.

Thanks again.

addict

Well, I figured I'd throw out a teaser shot just to keep everybody happy for a while... ;)

359tank051104.jpg

I'll post some more pix when I get the chance.

SeaHag

Well everyone, I have finally reached David's and I have to tell you, the photos of his finished tank are not even close to looking like the real thing.

So, what I am going to do is charge admission and everyone can come to see the tank! How does a dollar two ninety-eight sound for admission? :D

Yesterday, I purchased a "Brain Coral" for the tank. David will have to post the photo when he gets the chance. It is about 3" across and absolutely beautiful. It is also a nice contrast to what he already has.

For those of you that are doing the "cube tanks" you will love them. They are much more "eye appealing" than the standard tanks. And the plus is, they are also more "photo friendly." I hope to take home a lot of cool photos this year.

David also tells me that some of you are already in the process of setting up your cube tanks. I will find out who and check out your threads when I get the chance. Good luck to you all.

As David's mother, I am proud of his accomplishment with this project. He has done an awesome job and inspired many of you to greater visions of your own reef tanks. It takes a special person to project and inspire others in life and he has done that because of his passion. I hope he continues to do so. :)
Congrat!
Lynn

addict

*popeye voice*
How Emberessskin!
*end popeye voice*

:D

Well, thanks Mom... now I'm gonna get teased for being a Momma's boy. ;)

The pineapple (?) brain we got is plain awesome... I've been eyeballing it at the LFS for the better part of 2 months, so I figure it was meant to go home with me. :D
It glows bright teal-green under the actinics... rather than explain it, why don't I just show it. :D
And here it is...

Attachments

• pineapple-brain.jpg
    pineapple-brain.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited: