Reefer Addict's Reef

SeaHag

WONDERFUL...WONDERFUL...WONDERFUL!!!

Excellent job David. As all have stated, you have done great and the tank is looking AWESOME! Only 49 days until I get to see it in person!!! :D

I am looking foward to more photos.

addict

Thanks all. :D

Well, I took a few shots of the tank, and decided to post a couple that actually turned out decent. :)

Here's a shot of the new psychedelic mandarin... he's already tooling around and picking at all the rocks.

Attachments

• mandarin.jpg
    mandarin.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

addict

And here's a shot of some orange zoa's I bought about two months ago... I can't wait til they're totally covering the rock.

Attachments

• orange-zoanthids.jpg
    orange-zoanthids.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

addict

Thanks Johnny. :)

Well, UPS stopped by a little bit ago, and dropped off a new toy... :D

Now I gotta convert the plumbing from the old chiller to the new one... I've already taken the trip to Lowe's and I'll post back later with the results.

I was able to hammer out a deal with the guy I bought my original chiller from, and it's going back here in the next couple of days... let's just hope that AquaLogic doesn't go out of business anytime soon. :D

Attachments

• new-chiller.jpg
    new-chiller.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

addict

That's too funny Casey... :D
I think I remember you mentioning in the past that we had the same carpet... ours is in definite need of a steam clean. :)

Attached is a shot of the interconnect plumbing between the old chiller and the new one... it probably wouldn't have been so bad if the top hole on the chiller had been the IN point... since IN is on the bottom I had to cross the lines... and you can see the result... :)
Thank goodness for spaflex... this stuff is definitely worth the money...

Attachments

• new-chiller-2.jpg
    new-chiller-2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

addict

And here's a shot of it installed in the dirty crawlspace... I hope I don't have to climb under there again until it's time to give the chiller a cleaning... :D

(the spill mark is from where I disconnected the bypass tube between the two flanges... miraculously I didn't have any leaks)

Attachments

• chiller-under-house.jpg
    chiller-under-house.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

addict

I was also able to get a shot of the Tangaroa shrimp goby, but it's kinda hiding under a rock... It hasn't paid much attention to the pistol shrimp yet, but it's still hanging around the shrimp's burrow (which is off to the right of the photo).
I'm crossing my fingers.

addict

Well, since I had the camera out, I decided to take two more closer shots of each side of the tank (from the front).
Here's the right side...

Attachments

• front-right.jpg
    front-right.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

addict

And in stark contrast... here's the left. :D
It'll be growing SPS pretty soon now so it'll get prettier... right now it's a no-man's land, except for the encrusting red montipora that's healing up top.

Attachments

• front-left.jpg
    front-left.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Craig Manoukian

Awesome Dave!

Hope you have enough pods to keep the Mandarin fat and sassy. They are voracious grazers and make short work of all but the maturest pod populations.

addict

Oh yeah... our tank is filled with pods...
we brought a bunch with us in the old rock, and we're experiencing a virtual explosion in the new pod population... there's so many floating around in the current the water looks cloudy.
Plus we have a big pod pile in the refugium (live rock rubble), and we supplement their pod diet with cyclop-eeze, live brine, live red tubifex, urchin roe and it'll also probably nail a few flatworms...
Not too bad of pickins for a 1.5" mandarin. :)
Thanks for the concern... I also don't like to see stuff killed.