Reefer Addict's Reef

addict

Well, it's been kind of a slow night... just putting some finishing touches on some stuff, and waiting for the tank to clear up. Between the microbubbles and the sandbed milkshake my tankwater is pretty opaque. :D

Anyway, here's a shot of the finished control panel. You'll notice that I have some room left over... that's for future upgrades: an ORP controller, a pH meter and probably a dissolved oxygen meter... we'll see how it goes.

I have the feeling that tomorrow is going to be just as long of a day as today was... because I get to aquascape... only took me 6 months to get it right last time. :D

Attachments

• control-panel2.jpg
    control-panel2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

SeaHag

David ~ It looks really clean and organized. :D

Sleep well and good luck tomorrow. We all are looking forward to the finished photos and your long rest after the work is done. :D :D

You will have something to be proud of. A work of art and beauty that will last for years to come. :rainbow:

wooddood

the wood dude
looks sweeeeet dave, congrates so far now the fun part aquascaping.good luck.your almost there my friend.lol

Craig Manoukian

Way too much organization for me, I don't know what I'd do without a tangled mess of cords and plugs!:columbo: Super clean lookin'!

:) :D ;) :p :smirk: :cool:

BigReepher

bgvf nhfgyunb gffgbvvf fgbj n jdks........sorry that was my jaw on my keyboard. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, it gets better and better. BTW how much is admission gonna be? I'd need at least a 2 day pass, one day to gaze into the tank and another to marvel at your craftsmanship. Great job Dave!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I can't believe how clear the acrylic is and I'm sure the pic doesn't do it justice. I just received a quote from envision acrylics but he recommended that I get it from a local fabricator as it would be much cheaper shipping will kill me almost as much as the tank itself and they don't make stands and canopies:(

Last edited:

addict

Well, it's update time once again. :D

Thanks aagin for all the kindness everyone has shown in not only their enthusiasm for what I've been doing, but for giving me a place to share this project... it's appreciated more than you know. :)

I spent quite a bit of the afternoon aquascaping the rocks, but not too much time placing anything... I need some time to eyeball everything (the rock included) and place it where it 'belongs'. :)

I figured I'd shoot some pix anyway, rather than wait til it's all finished.

Here's the full frontal... :D

Attachments

• full-frontal.jpg
    full-frontal.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

addict

Here's a close-up shot from the front... the water is still pretty cloudy, but it's looking better by the hour.

Attachments

• up-front-close.jpg
    up-front-close.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

addict

Here's a shot from the left side (currently home to the squamosa clam and zoanthids.)

Attachments

• left-side.jpg
    left-side.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

addict

And here's the right side. I plan on making the rockwork less geometric, and more 'natural'... it's like having a jigsaw puzzle without the picture... you just gotta figure out where they all fit.

Attachments

• right-side.jpg
    right-side.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

SeaHag

David ~ It is looking awesome! Still a ways to go before it is totally clear, but it's on the way.

Are the critters much happier now that they are in a big home again? :D I don't think I would like to live in those tubs for three days. :D :D

You have worked really hard and now have something you can be extremely proud of. It was kind of you to share your dream with others to inspire them to bigger and better things (money, too! :D)

I see that you have more stars again! I did not realize that you finally replaced the last ones. Good choice. Have a great night. Much love, Mom

:thumber:

addict

Thanks everybody! :)

If I wasn't so exhausted I'd post a longer reply... I just took some moonlight pics of the clowns in the anemone, and thought I'd share.
The 2-second exposure time doesn't show the shimmer of the LED's though... it shows up as the 'glow' instead...

One other thing I thought I'd mention (since I seemed to have forgotten up until this point)... is to give my wife some credit for what's been done. She was a real trooper this weekend... she actually scraped coralline off the powerheads... you gotta go a long way to find a woman like that... :D

I just didn't want to hog all the credit... quite a bit of it goes her way as well. :D