Reefer Addict's Reef

Gina

RS STAFF
Oh boy!
That is stunning! Thank you for taking the time to post your journey through. We have all enjoyed watching it grow!

SaltySam

Hey RA, just gotta chime in here. I've been following your posts as well. I know everyone else has already said it, but your work is beautiful. And I have enjoyed following your progress. Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to seeing your finished tank.
Thanks for shareing
Henry

SeaHag

David ~ I hope you got some rest. I know with the kids coming home tonight you are going to be stressed out unless you get the major part done first. :)

As I have told you many, many times, because of who you are and what you have become, you inspire, teach and create to the highest levels. (I know you get that from me, right? :D)

I am so looking forward to seeing the tank in person, and hopefully getting some great shots while there. Maybe this tank will be more user friendly than the last one. :cool:

You have some really nice supportive people here on this thread and I know some are going to go broke because of this. :laugh: But, I am sure they and you have learned so much because of this journey.

Have your many cups of coffee and enjoy your day. I will check later this evening to see how you are doing. So it is a big thumbs up to you. :thumber:

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Wow Dave with an endorsement like that from your mom no wonder you keep on plugging along! Way to go Dave and Mom!:)

SeaHag

Craig Manoukian ~ I live in the Idaho Panhandle about 8 miles from Lake Pend Oreille on the west side in the little town of Spirit Lake. :D

addict

Thanks mom :D

Thanks to everyone else as well... I hope you're enjoying the trip. :)

Anyway,

WE HAVE WATER! (thank goodness)

Just about ready to get it heating, and everything appears to be running great.
I think I may be upgrading the return pump to a Mag12 or a Mag18... the 9.5 does fine, but I think I need a little more flow to get the water level up in the tank about another 1/2" or so.

Funny thing is this tank is quieter than my old one, and I already have twice the pumps running. :)

I'll post back later on with another update... just didn't want their to be a big lag time between them (don't want to lose the audience after all) :D

Attachments

• we-have-water.jpg
    we-have-water.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

addict

Ask, and ye shall receive.
We now also have light... and it is good. :D

The water is somewhat of a milkshake, but I rinsed the aragonite before putting it in.
We're still waiting for the tank temp to come up, and otherwise, the tank is 'ready'.
We'll probably wait until tomorrow to start adding rocks/fish/corals.
I'll post back later with some more pix.

Attachments

• we-have-light.jpg
    we-have-light.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Gina

RS STAFF
Just simply awesome! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Seems like we've all been waiting forever for this day! Can't imagine how you've been feeling!

brian_e

u could always boil some of the tank water to bring the temp up i hav done this with water change water

SeaHag

David ~ You did not tell us that we would be sweating bullets before the weekend was over. :D

So, it is one more day, before we get to see the wonderful results with all the rock, fish and corals! Hurry, hurry! :bigbounce

I will check back later before the evening is out to see what you have posted. I forgot to mention earlier that I loved your "building inspector." I am assuming that you passed. :D

The tank looks good with the lights. Are you posting a photo so we can see the whole thing later?

It is just awesome!