Reefer Addict's Reef

wooddood

the wood dude
great photos seahag i mean mom.lol. talked to dave this morning in chat and he said it was like 3:00 am for him so i think thats when he went to bed.he was wore out,so we'll let him sleep a little more.he's got a big day ahead of him and night lol.

mnreefman

DAVE WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!! youve slept for over 6 hrs now... WAKE UP... i need to see more pics... man i wish i was there to help you

addict

Okay! Okay! I'm awake! :D
Well... about 5-1/2 hours later, and I'm getting ready to get a move on (fueling up with coffee as we speak). :)
Gotta finish getting the old stand and tank out, then do some vacuuming and wait for my help to get here (probably between 10-10:30)
I'll post some more pix probably mid-afternoon... wouldn't want everybody to get withdrawals. :D

mnreefman

im strating to slip into a deep coma, where are thoes pics lol
i know your busy at work.... (wanna send me thoes tubs when your done so i can use them in on the 25th :) )

SeaHag

Montanareefer ~ are you going to do a thread like this one for all to see? I am interested in what you are doing also. I am sure the rest of this group would love to see the step by step progress and finished tank. Good luck. :D

Since it is about 1:15 PM David should be on his fifth cup of coffee by now and working really hard at getting that new tank in the house. I know he needed help getting it through the slider. :D

Maybe we will all be lucky and see some progress photos by 5:00 PM today! :) lol I am being the anxious Mom here....:scram:

Last edited:

SeaHag

Hello mnreefman ~ I know all of you have been following David's many adventures over the past year and I have just stared here yesterday, so you all are ahead of me in the "anxious" department. You all have earned that. :laugh:

mnreefman

heh we didnt earn anything, for putting up with him for his teen years you deserve frist crack at the photos

mps9506

So how many pages will this thread be by the time this tank is "completed" (is there such a term in the reef hobby?)...
Mike

addict

Hello patient ones... ;)

Well, I intended to post this update earlier this afternoon, but I've had a few curve balls thrown my way, so things are a bit behind schedule.

First my help never showed up this morning... :(
I finally called another buddy of mine to give me hand about 12:30, and tried to do whatever else I could while I was waiting.

I also had to take '1' trip to Lowes to get some plumbing parts (that's usually the one that gets ya... ;) )... I had forgotten a 2" tee, plus I needed a replacement 2"x1-1/2" reducer bushing, and a 2" male adapter... the bushing and adapter were because I had glued a reducer bushing in my other 2" male adapter before realizing it was only 1-1/4"... so it looks that if I ever want to reduce the size of my standpipe by 1/4" I'll have the connector for it... :D

Anyway, we're pretty close to getting water in, and I'm going to start wiring up the canopy here after dinner.

And without further ado, here's the first pic. This is the old reef removed, and the space just waiting for the new tank.

Attachments

• space.jpg
    space.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

addict

Here's the hole in the floor for the plumbing. I needed enough room to get 1-1/2" ball valves through the floor, and the plumbing from the sump to the chiller is angled.
You can see some of the mold on the floor from the 'great spill of 2003', where I lost about 5 gallons from my sump (and earned my flood club membership). :D

Attachments

• floor.jpg
    floor.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

addict

And here's the underside of the stand, with the skimmer and kalk reactor set in for placement.

Attachments

• underside-stand.jpg
    underside-stand.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

addict

And here's the local building inspector, who 'dropped in' to check out my work.
These guys have such personality...

Attachments

• building-inspector.jpg
    building-inspector.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited: