Hello

Sea Bass

Oh and a little bit about me might be in order, Im an old guy : ) lol.
Ok seriously, Im an avid reef-aholic and I enjoy this hobby immensly as most in the forums do. Currently I house a 90 gal mixed SPS tank that was started from a 55 gal and expanded to the current size.
Im in the process of building a 300 gal custom acrylic with closed loop and all the bells and whistles. Its been an up hill struggle buying and trading for the components but I feel the efforts will be more than worth the rewards.

At least Ive convinced myself thats the case anyhow. So far I have the tank, drilled for the C.L. built a custom steel stand and canopy that is removable and rhino lined the whole thing. I plan to run a dual Beckett MRC-6 with a Sequence Barracude pump and the same for the return. Ill be utilizing a Dart for the OM-4 way C.L. system and it will be Bare Bottom. Lighting will consist of new LED units I have been testing for several months now.
I may include supplemental T-5's later. My current 90 gal will be drilled by myself for 2- 2" bulk heads for a sump and connected to a 75 gal via the 2" bulkheads and used as a fuge. These tanks are older and scrathed up not really show pieces anymore but more utilitarian than anything at the moment.
Ive spent the better part of 2 years planning this tank and executing "The Dream" as I like to refer to it. I look forward to completion by the end of the year and cant wait to show some pics when its done. Im open to any suggestions, comments or alike and love to share my expierences and failures for that matter with other folks with the same interests.
Thanks for having me. : )

rebekwl

Hi, :wave: welcome to RS. Sounds like you've got a good thing going there!! Can't wait to see it!

lcstorc

Welcome to RS! Glad you decided to share your project with us. Sounds like it will be awesome.