Fla. Vacation

reefracer

Yep, we're headed for the beach. Won't be very far down tho, Destin for a week. I'll be interested if anyone knows of any good LFS w/reef stuff. Or just things of interest to a reefer to do in that area while the wife sun bathes?

Cassette87

I hope you have a wonderful time while away! Don't get too burned, the sun's terrible there this time of the year, i know a good lfs... Gulf of Mexico... inc. heh, sorry, had to do that :)

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Have a great vacation! If you go near Palm Bay, Fla, check out Trident Pets fish store off of Babcock road. :thumbup:

lcstorc

There are several good LFS here in Cocoa and Melbourne. If you get this far south let me know and I will give you a list and directions.
The Coral Palace is great and there is a new store called The Hidden Reef that is nice as well. Also one Woodstock and I found in Melbourne last time she was down that was really nice. If you are coming this way I can look up the name for you.

caitrina

Destin is BEAUTIFUL! I am not sure what you will find in Destin as far as LFS's, but the beauty of Destin is enough to get anyone to try some scuba diving or snorkeling. I have a rental house in Pensacola and lived there for many years and though Destin was about 100 miles from me it was always a treat to go there. Can't help you out much with places for LFS because I lived there before I was involved (or should I say addicted) to this reef stuff, I think your best bet on finding a LFS will be in Fort Walton Beach which isn't far up highway 98. In fact you will probably find yourself traveling there quite a bit if this is a trip more for fun and night life events than for pure relaxation. I did find through the help of a friend in Pensacola a place called Reef Scapes Inc. I think it is in Fort Walton and their number is 850-837-3467. We don't know if it still exists or what it is like so maybe give them a call when you get up there. You will do much traveling on 98 which is basically the main artery, watch your speed:wit: particularly if you get farther up the panhandle toward Gulf Breeze and Pensacola. Destin has a waterpark with mini golf and some thrill rides called Big Kahunas if you are into that sort of thing. Fort Walton has many shops and there is a place called the Gulfarium, a small version of sea world without a Shamu. Panama City is farther than Ft Walton but there are alot of amusement type parks there on the strip- the Miracle Strip. I believe that is about 50 miles from Destin. I have not lived in the area for about 7 years so I am sure a lot has been added and you will find many things to do. Oh on a closing note Blue Water Bay in Destin---Breathtaking! Have fun and enjoy!

Sea Bass

If you get near Tampa you have to see the Florida Aquarium its spectacular and you will never see anything like it!!
Its worth spending a day and you wont be disappointed.