Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

rustyreefer

So you remember this little fella, well I got him a friend to put him to work, like as a team

b935325c-6c54-4da5-8d30-a40668377411-jpeg.1672331

I poured him into my acclimatisation device (a 5 litre jug!) and he immediately jumped out like a scud missile! Having wrestled him out of the sink, back into the jug he went with a cover over the top.

Then into the tank and a few hours later they were making friends.

I was looking at the tank this morning thinking were is he, with a sort of nervous, WERE IS HE.......

Then I sort of looked down the side of the tank at one end on the floor, and there he was, looking a little crispy!

Now remember the top of my tank is fully enclosed with nets and things, so the stupid creature must have launched himself to oblivion like a Brahmos missile (google it!). So that’s £34 fine English pounds and a fish life down the toilet!
Never had an issue with my diamond goby trying to get out. I do have the Red Sea top though. With that said I am thinking of rehoming him because he always messes with corals I put on the sand. Covers them up and such. I really like how well he turns the sand bed though. Only thing keeping him here for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPR

That's growing really well. Any updates/news on new fishy additions?
I added 2 dotty backs from Masterfisch a few weeks ago which are doing well. A purple one, a yellow blue one and a yellow wrasse.

To be honest I haven’t been going to the LFS’s I’m fed up with them both and the current situation. I don’t queue very well and they don’t seem to have much special stock, especially corals. It’s just the same old stuff. I found I was buying any old fish because that’s all they had, rather than the special fish I actually want.

I can order online, get exactly what I want delivered to my door without standing in a queue or wearing a stupid mask. And the quality of corals especially SPS is far superior at Masterfisch they sell all the stuff I’ve been after and at a very reasonable price. Mail order corals are another one I use regularly for coral frags, and again at a very fair price.

So I’ve sort of slowed down with the fish purchases, and also with corals I need to be very selective with the colours because I don’t want the tank looking just green and pink, I want vivid blues, purples etc.

SPR

You wouldn’t believe how difficult it is to get a very detailed full tank shot, because of the length of the beast. This is middle left not the whole tank! Lol

3529641C-857B-4FFC-9EFC-90A0E49EE132.jpeg

SPR

Here’s a close up of the centre island with a view of the S650 in the background. Let’s not forget it, it’s still a beautiful system

C1AF0889-4027-4B9D-8E62-EE4D84C93907.jpeg

Last edited: