Out of Stock

sharkbait97437

Hi,

New here and looking to purchase a Red Sea Max S-500. They seem to be sold out everywhere. Any insight into the reason for the outages and how long it's expected to last?

Nobbygas

Hi,

New here and looking to purchase a Red Sea Max S-500. They seem to be sold out everywhere. Any insight into the reason for the outages and how long it's expected to last?
Although Red Sea are an Israeli company, the tanks are manufactured in China. Could the virus be affecting the manufacture of the tanks, plus problems with the supply chain? Just a thought.

DaveK

The thing is that you never know the reasons behind why they are out of stock. Could be a temporary shortage, to the company plans new models, to the company folding or a host of other possible things.

The thing to ask youself is what is you plan from here? You could just wait and see what happens. You could look into other products. You could make this a big DIY project if your into building.

For myself, I'd wait 2 or 3 months and see what happens. May companies want to have products in stock for the holiday season. If I didn't see it by then, I'd consider alternatives.

One very important note, if you do find one for sale contact the company first, and make sure it's in stock. Also pay by credit card, so you can charge them back if they fail to ship in a reasonable period of time.

One last thought, where are you located? you might be able to find a large LFS that has one in stock.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi,

Hi Sharkbait, I'm sorry to hear you are having issues finding a Max S in stock, can I ask that you PM me your email address as I wish to look into this issue for you.

COVID 19 is the reason production has slowed down manufactures have not been able to keep up with demand because of a decrease in the labor force.