RSM 130D...where is the water level “sight glass” I keep reading about??

NHJMC

Hi all. Hey so I’m wondering where is the water level “sight glass” on the RSM 130D? Thanks!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
with a new 9001 you will want to tune the water level to what works best with it... I ran the stock skimmer & to get it to perform, had to keep the water level window, at the top line & top off ever other day... keeping the water levels stable is key for all skimmers and that requires an ATO or adding water atleast every other day,,, hope this helps

NHJMC

with a new 9001 you will want to tune the water level to what works best with it... I ran the stock skimmer & to get it to perform, had to keep the water level window, at the top line & top off ever other day... keeping the water levels stable is key for all skimmers and that requires an ATO or adding water atleast every other day,,, hope this helps
. Thank you I did read all of what you said as well just dying to know about this sight window/glass. An ATO is next purchase just spent few hundred on upgrades and hanna checkers all that I need is LED lighting upgrade if not than a chiller but really want LED colors pop so much more with LED than T5 I think anyway and a ATO course those are $100 a whack too. Knew this wasn't a cheap hobby but damn.

NHJMC

I keep the water level just a tad below black rim

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
if you don't have a "water level window on the left side..." you have the RSM 130 tank, the RSM 130D (deluxe) added the window... and the adjustable skimmer cup - the 130 had a gate ... it can be added to the 130

download.jpg.f00849a8d7f4a1719aa23143ce0a51b8.jpg

NHJMC

Awesome! Thank you :)
K so weird because I'm certain I have the 130D the manual that came with tank is the 130D and person I purchased from is legit. When I get home I'll look for the "water level window" but shocked I haven't noticed it yet. I don't use the skimmer cup Red Sea said it's not needed. I do have the "gate" though. So on another note the Tunze 9001 skimmer I gave up on yesterday and just turned it off which I don't love not running my skimmer for going on day and a half I'll try it again after work and just let it run. Only way I could get skimmer collection cup to stop filling with water within 3-5 minutes was to turn air intake just about off is that OK to do or should I leave it fully open and just let it do it's thing? Thank you SO much for your help!! :)