New Tank 40G

Jselery

Hi all,

new to the group here. I am getting ready to start a new 40G reef tank. I currently have a really small 16 gal tank with a 10 year old clown that was given to me. I have some experience from 13 years ago with setting up a 55 gal tank but its been a long time. The tank I have now was pretty much set when I took it over. I also have some shrimp and a few coral in it.

I wish to create a vary diverse tank in the 40 gal with coral, fish, shrimp and such. I want to be able to had a good amount to it so it has a lot going on and it vary appealing to look at. I plan to transfer everything I currently have in the 16 gal to the bigger tank once its ready to go.

I am getting the Cobalt C-Vue all in one tank would love a list of things to buy, Sand, rock, lights, various heaters, filters, etc so I can ensure to set the tank up well. I plan to transfer about 20lbs of live rock to it from the old tank and probably buy some more also.

Thanks in advance for the time and help.

-J

Humblefish

What kind of corals are you wanting to grow? You could save a ton of coin by just buying an Aqueon 40 breeder, and outfitting everything yourself.