HELP! White spot

Luke Smith

Thank you for all your advice after getting better pictures and tests I had a ammonia spike of 0.4 and it was white spot I’m treating the white spot in the QT tank and dealing with the ammonia via Aquaforest BIO S, il be caring out a water change tomorrow too.... as the small QT tank has no skimmer am I best doing regular small water changes?

Humblefish

Thank you for all your advice after getting better pictures and tests I had a ammonia spike of 0.4 and it was white spot I’m treating the white spot in the QT tank and dealing with the ammonia via Aquaforest BIO S, il be caring out a water change tomorrow too.... as the small QT tank has no skimmer am I best doing regular small water changes?

I'm guessing the Aquaforest product contains nitrifying bacteria. But what biomedia do you have in the QT filter for it to seed?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Does the filter have a foam insert or something for the bacteria to colonize?

pics are worth 1000 words. Also, how are you testing the copper (which did you get btw?)?

You can manage ammonia with water changes but you have to replace copper so keep that balance at therapeutic levels.

Luke Smith

Evening
It’s a CF1 filter that came with the new tank,
For the QT I mixed up fresh new water and salinity to 0.025 and used ATM colony to be able to add the poorly fish as I didn’t want any water from my DT in the QT so I know it’s clean and fresh il include a picture of the copper and test kit and one of the angel that has just passed away looking at the fish there is no white on him what so ever?

the copper I was told
To use-
https://seachem.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...osing-Treatment-Instructions?mobile_site=true

Attachments

• C61EF861-616C-40CB-B7F1-7F0C0679EFFB.jpeg
    C61EF861-616C-40CB-B7F1-7F0C0679EFFB.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2661ABC1-3609-42FC-8E59-25FA336770DC.jpeg
    2661ABC1-3609-42FC-8E59-25FA336770DC.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3
  • F370BFE4-3F3B-46CF-84A0-6EF39F6F4371.jpeg
    F370BFE4-3F3B-46CF-84A0-6EF39F6F4371.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Sorry about the angel.

that copper and test should work.

read up on ich lifecycle, it does drop off the host but don’t be fooled.

what have you done with the dragonet? No copper for him

@Humblefish given the current situation, how/should he ramp the cupramine?

Luke Smith

The dragonet is on his own but iv not seen him for awhile with all the movement in the tank I’m concerned iv stressed him out so iv left the tank alone for the moment, I’m going by the dosing on the instructions on the bottle for the moment

Luke Smith

Unfortunately another victim 1 small clown didn’t make it in the QT tank.........
Yeahclowns... in the future when I get past this can I get another clown or pair or is it going to be difficult to pair him in the future?

Humblefish

I'd get the Cupramine up to therapeutic (0.5 ppm) ASAP. The risk of losing more fish to velvet outweighs the risk of raising the copper level too fast.

Also, once you start dosing Cupramine DO NOT dose any ammonia reducers (e.g. Prime, Amquel) as that will turn the copper toxic.