My Reef Reached 49 Years old this Week

DaveK

Congratulations on your reef reacing 49 years. Hard to believe that when this was started, most of today's reef keepers were not alive.

While I do some things different from you, I got to admit that it's hard to argue with your success. I'm also very impressed with you being able to them fish than in many others hands would quickly become very dead.

Take care, DaveK

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Awesome stuff Paul, I think your tank is stable enough for you to “try” an anemone now :)

Is your silicone 49 years old too?!?!?

Paul B

No, but the silicone on the tank I left in the wall in my last house was 40 years old.

I bought this tank when I moved here and transferred everything in vats to put it back in. I didn't lose anything, not even a pod. :D

Paul B

Last week I put in another Sunburst Anthius and I haven't seen hyde nor hair of him. I searched every day behind and under the rocks even at night with a flashlight and still couldn't find him.

I looked at the screens on the powerheads and all over under the tank on the floor. Still couldn't find him.

That is until now. I fed a bunch of live white worms and he came out to say hello. I don't know where he was hiding but I have a lot of fish that do that. Probably half my fish I rarely see.

But this one is happy and healthy and I will get another one this Sunday I hope. Really nice fish.

Pancho75

Last week I put in another Sunburst Anthius and I haven't seen hyde nor hair of him. I searched every day behind and under the rocks even at night with a flashlight and still couldn't find him.

I looked at the screens on the powerheads and all over under the tank on the floor. Still couldn't find him.

That is until now. I fed a bunch of live white worms and he came out to say hello. I don't know where he was hiding but I have a lot of fish that do that. Probably half my fish I rarely see.

But this one is happy and healthy and I will get another one this Sunday I hope. Really nice fish.

That is a good looking fish Paul.

DaveK

Thanks, first you have to get old. :celebrate:

That seems to be the price we pay to get the knowledge and experience to do this hobby half way right. At least today there are books and the net and you can gain the initial knowledge with out too much trouble.

I'm, and Paul B are both old enough to remember with getting involved with a SW aquarium system was an easy way to end up with a tank of very dead fish, and knowledge was so limited that you couldn't even figure out what might have happened. At least today you got a fighting chance of figuring things out.