Nobby's S-650

SPR

So, this morning I removed the NYOS Torq, stripped it down and gave it a good clean before putting it in storage. I don't want to sell it as you never know what new miracle media may become fashionable!
I installed my old FMR75 reactor loaded with Rowophos, and it is fed from the manifold. In fact it is the same green tube that used to feed the old C-Skim 1800 ! That is one less pump working in the tank! I put the Carbon into a bag and placed it back in it's original spot just before the Return Pump chamber.
I am becoming more willing to make changes in the tank. I'm even looking to feed the uVC from the manifold. This would mean 'doing' some pipe work. I would need to install one of the red handled thingys. I do get dizzy just thinking about it, but then again it would mean yet another pump being removed.
I still haven't installed the Vectra L1 yet. I need to find a gap of a few hours where I'll be left alone to work on it.
You can see now why I see myself as a leader so that others may follow........! Lol

Its like I feed you with subliminal thoughts......

One less pump to clean......

Last edited:

Nobbygas

You can see now why I see myself as a leader so that others may follow........! Lol

Its like I feed you with subliminal thoughts......

One less pump to clean......
I am sorry but I have no wish to get involved in your subliminal thoughts. My own are quite wacky enough as it is ! I am looking at the existing pipe work on the S-650 and I am wondering how to fit another outlet onto it.

SPR

I am sorry but I have no wish to get involved in your subliminal thoughts. My own are quite wacky enough as it is ! I am looking at the existing pipe work on the S-650 and I am wondering how to fit another outlet onto it.
Just remember you need enough flow power. The standard S650 pump isn’t powerful enough to add a UVC or anything else to the extra manifold pipe (only for use on the S500 or 400)

‘What are you trying to fit ?.

Nobbygas

Just remember you need enough flow power. The standard S650 pump isn’t powerful enough to add a UVC or anything else to the extra manifold pipe (only for use on the S500 or 400)

‘What are you trying to fit ?.
Ha, ha, but I will have the Vectra L1 pumping away like a mad thing ! To be fair, the feed to the FMR75 is basically a trickle, and nowhere near the amount needed to go to the old C-Skim 1800! I reckon the manifold should be able to handle the flow to the UVC as well, as that is not a high demand thing either!

Nobbygas

Here's a thing........Two weeks ago I got my normal six monthly ICP test results, and although everything was fine there was something odd. The Iron levels were way way too high! Now, this has not happened through overdosing the trace elements so normally we start to look for something that is rusting in the tank. I've looked everywhere but I cannot see a thing.
Now, as I said a couple of days ago I removed the NYOS Torq from the sump. I gave it a good clean before putting it in storage. This morning I took apart the Docking Station from the Torq, and I found real signs of rust coming out of the pump and staining the base plate. I have tried to post a picture here but it is too large in size. There is no doubt that something is rusting within the pump of the Docking Station. I shall get in touch with NYOS to see if they have an answer/reason. This is not good for what is a pretty new piece of kit.
In the meantime I have placed some Polyfilter in the bottom of the Media Cups to extract the Iron. I suppose I should be looking at a water change as well.

Last edited:

SPR

Here's a thing........Two weeks ago I got my normal six monthly ICP test results, and although everything was fine there was something odd. The Iron levels were way way too high! Now, this has not happened through overdosing the trace elements so normally we start to look for something that is rusting in the tank. I've looked everywhere but I cannot see a thing.
Now, as I said a couple of days ago I removed the NYOS Torq from the sump. I gave it a good clean before putting it in storage. This morning I took apart the Docking Station from the Torq, and I found real signs of rust coming out of the pump and staining the base plate. I have tried to post a picture here but it is too large in size. There is no doubt that something is rusting within the pump of the Docking Station. I shall get in touch with NYOS to see if they have an answer/reason. This is not good for what is a pretty new piece of kit.
In the meantime I have placed some Polyfilter in the bottom of the Media Cups to extract the Iron. I suppose I should be looking at a water change as well.
That’s not very good and it’s not been in long really.

I did a water change today, and yesterday, and in fact the day before, 7000ml to be precise. I just watched it on Apex. Wasn’t very interesting though! Lol

Pancho75

Oh, oh.... I will be checking my Torq, I have no intention to take it out and have no experience any problem with it.

Sorry to read about the female trigger problems.

Love Barcelona, great city to visit, beach, culture, mountain, pubs... they have everything.

Nobbygas

Oh, oh.... I will be checking my Torq, I have no intention to take it out and have no experience any problem with it.

Sorry to read about the female trigger problems.

Love Barcelona, great city to visit, beach, culture, mountain, pubs... they have everything.
The rust was a surprise. It was the last place I looked as it was the newest piece of kit in the tank and I would never have suspected it to be the cause. I have contacted NYOS and I'm still waiting for a response.

Nobbygas

Wey hey! I've seen the Mandarin fish mating for the first time, well they may have done it before but it was the first time I witnessed it. It happens just after 'sunset' when most of the other fish are looking to bed down. They normally stay in the rock work, but at this point they swim quite freely. They sort of lock onto each other and swim as one. The there is a cloud of eggs and sperm, whereupon they separate and go back to the rocks. With the Clowns laying eggs on a constant basis I think things must be good in the tank :)

Nobbygas

Looking good! Is that a two color hammer coral in the center?

Your torch is massive.
The big one left/centre/top is a Frogswawn (?). There are three pieces of two colour hammers in there. Once upon a time it was one piece, but with some fat fingered accidental 'fragging' I found I have three bits ! I just sort of spread them out and pretend it was planned that way :)
The Torch has really grown. I think when I bought it it had three heads. Last time I counted it has over thirty heads !

rustyreefer

That’s not very good and it’s not been in long really.

I did a water change today, and yesterday, and in fact the day before, 7000ml to be precise. I just watched it on Apex. Wasn’t very interesting though! Lol
I really want to get to this point on water changes. My house is just not laid out well for it currently.
I did just start mixing my own SW a few week ago, and theoretically could run some tubing through the attic and down the wall where the tank is but the run would have to be close to 50 feet probably.

Pancho75

The big one left/centre/top is a Frogswawn (?). There are three pieces of two colour hammers in there. Once upon a time it was one piece, but with some fat fingered accidental 'fragging' I found I have three bits ! I just sort of spread them out and pretend it was planned that way :)
The Torch has really grown. I think when I bought it it had three heads. Last time I counted it has over thirty heads !
The hammers look great, happy accident.

Nobbygas

Very nice and there’s some great movement in there
Yeah, I still like the softies. I totally understand why people go down the SPS route, and I can really appreciate the look, but my personal taste is for the movement. SPS have the reputation of being more difficult to grow, but I find the Torch/Galaxia/Gonipora/Anemome war that goes on in the tank just as difficult to manage at times !