Tank turned 49 this year

Paul B

Today I went to Lowes and Home Depot to buy a 5' flag pole for my American Flag. The old pole broke.

Then I spent a good amount of time on Amazon looking for one but all I can find are poles made in China.

I would rather not have a flag than hang my American made, American Flag on a pole made in China.

The bracket also broke so I built my own. Now I have to build my own pole which is disappointing because a country such as the USA which I fought for can't even make a flag pole any more no matter how much you would spend.

I am not a happy camper. upload_2019-12-18_15-55-31.gif

Nobbygas

Today I went to Lowes and Home Depot to buy a 5' flag pole for my American Flag. The old pole broke.

Then I spent a good amount of time on Amazon looking for one but all I can find are poles made in China.

I would rather not have a flag than hang my American made, American Flag on a pole made in China.

The bracket also broke so I built my own. Now I have to build my own pole which is disappointing because a country such as the USA which I fought for can't even make a flag pole any more no matter how much you would spend.

I am not a happy camper. View attachment 49965
You're going to have a flagpole sticking up from your tank? Interesting.

Paul B

I just called my book publisher (KDP from Amazon) because I couldn't figure out the royalties for the book so I can donate it to the MS Society. Their website is confusing.

I didn't know that they pay you 3 months after the books sell which is no problem I will put out the money myself as I want to give it to them this year.

(I think I only get about 7 bucks for each book, the rest goes to the publisher for printing, parties, and those show girls in Las Vegas who carry around the books to give away with drinks)

I am donating 100% of the profits and I will kick in another 75 or so % on top of that so I don't look to cheap. I also want them to find a cure for the thing.

We are not talking millions here, maybe $500.00.

I am waiting for the MS Society to call me back with the address to bring the check.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Paul B

One of my 30 year old powerheads croaked last night so my skimmer and algae scrubber was dry. No water was going into the reverse UG filter either.

I took the thing apart and repaired it with some shrink tubing which is the repair they need every 30 years. :cool:

I think this was made in Germany and I really don't want to buy a pump from China so I am hoping to get a few more decades out of it. If I can find another piece of stainless steel for the shaft, I will change it.

I think I have 5 or 6 of those old pumps, most of them still running but you need to watch the old ones as they sometimes stop.

They are not doing anything important so nothing will happen. You really don't need a skimmer, under gravel filter or algae scrubber running 100% of the time.

Nobbygas

Ze Deutsche pumpen is sehr sehr gute !

Apart from the bloody German pump on my German hot water system, which the German engineers keep looking at and say it's fixed only for it to stop working two weeks later....more than once....ggrrrr....

Paul B

I just came back from my knee Doctor. Kevorkian.

My knee surgery is postponed for at least 6 months so now we can go to a Valentines party.

That is not the reason we cancelled it though.

It seems that even though the last surgery didn't work, a new one may make it worse due to neuroma.

I already had 5 surgeries on that knee before they changed it so I think I will give it a rest for a while and see what happens.

The recovery is the same as my last surgery, like a year and he isn't giving me any good feelings if it will make it better or possibly worse.

Christie Brinkley hasn't invited me to any dances so I can be in some pain for a while. I don't mind as long as no more of my hair falls out.

On my way home I hit a LFS. This one always has great,unusual stuff even though it is the filthiest place I have been since Viet Nam.

Those are the kinds of places I like to go because they have stuff hiding under the mulm that they didn't even know they had and they are very cheap.

I bought 4 fish and they are already swimming around doing the Macarana.

Paul B

Finally, after a few failed attempts, I succeeded in getting this 3D resin printer to do what I want. The first issue was with my computer which didn't have enough RAM so I installed another card, doubling the capacity of my 10+ year old computer.

My second problem was trying to determine how to position the supports on the model.

With a Resin printer the resin is liquid and while it is "printing" the model is still soft so you have to design in supports to hold it as it is forming. You can see them on that gray piece which was a disaster. The gear was a test and I didn't even design the teeth correctly but it taught me a few things.

The last two pieces are perfect and will be used on top and bottom of a glass tube which will hold an LED "Firelight" for one of my Steam Punk pieces. They will be artificially "rusted" for the piece.

DaveK

Considering some of the 3D printing I have seen, your not doing bad at all.

This hobby is one area I would have expected to see a lot more 3D printing, since it allows someone to create just about any part they might want. I hate to think about all the things I have replaced over the years just because I couldn't obtain one small part.

Good luck with future 3D printing for your various projects.

Paul B

The thing is fun, but it takes like 6 hours to print things especially if they are large. Those things I printed were almost at the size capacity of it.

But you can build just about anything you can visualize. :D

Paul B

OOOOOOOhhhhhhNNNNNoooooo. My Fireclown has cataracts.

His eyes are also a little cloudy.

I think it's because he constantly spawns, like every day and it is affecting his eyes.

He is about 29 years old but I lost his birth certificate.

His mate is only about 21 or so but I could be off by 4 or 5 years because I got her when I bought my last pair of socks, and I don't remember that either. upload_2020-2-25_18-13-14.gif

Paul B

I took another video. About half of the fish are hiding but I have a lot of those types of fish. Not seen here is a

Hippo tang, bluestripe pipefish, mandarin, 2nd sunburst anthius, 2nd possum wrasse, 2nd watchman gobi, 2 gecko gobies, 2 rainsford gobies, green clown gobi, 2nd striped cardinal, 2 six line wrasses, 5 fish that I have no idea what they are and an arrow crab.

I took this to show a natural tank. You can see tufts of hair algae, cyano, aiptasia, asternia stars, dead corals and Godzilla larvae.

The 29 year old fire clowns are tending their eggs as they lay them every few days.

Tank now is all NSW taken right from the surf with nothing added and nothing has ever been quarantined, medicated, dipped, de-wormed or anything else.

Last edited: