Nobbygas

Today is Monday, four days have passed and no signs from the blue tang. He is now officially MIA, it is sad but I contacted the LFS, I will get a free replacement.
Sorry to hear that Pancho, but it seems as though it is part of this hobby that we have no control over. I recently bought four two-spotted Anthias. One beautiful male and three females. The male didn't even last 24hrs. I have no idea why not. When he went into the tank he just disappeared into the rocks and was dead the next morning. Hopefully one of the Females will now transform.

Pancho75

I am in Japan for the next couple of weeks, it sucks to travel during a holiday (MLK Day) but it is what it is. It is cold in Tokyo and I forgot my coat, I will be freezing my *** during the walks from and to the train station. [emoji3063]

As expected, the nitrates have a spike to 50 ppm due to the missing blue tang. I am not much concerned as the tank have managed high nitrates before, anyway it will have a 20% water change to help lowering back the numbers. The LFS is trying to get me a new blue tang but I am asking for a captive breed as they are more resistant. It seems something went bad with all the blue tangs they received earlier this month as all of them died few days after been introduced in their new homes, that is the reason why the supplier agreed to provide new fish at no cost.

Also I am happy to report the purple tang promptly recovered from the white spots, I guess ich. The fish continue to have frozen and live food apart of the pellets. Everybody seems to be happy and getting along in my reef.

Blue Space

Hi Pancho. Sounds like the fish are collected using cyanide or worse, which don't wish on anyone, diseased. If it's cyanide that's always a cause for concern with me because I don't like supporting LFS' that don't know how the fish are collected or won't admit to the cyanide method.

Pancho75

Hi Pancho. Sounds like the fish are collected using cyanide or worse, which don't wish on anyone, diseased. If it's cyanide that's always a cause for concern with me because I don't like supporting LFS' that don't know how the fish are collected or won't admit to the cyanide method.
Hello @Blue Space, yes unfortunately cyanide is a common practice, I do not like it either since it destroys the natural reefs. The vendor used says they do not use cyanide but the fact that the 3 blue tangs died shortly after been introduced makes me wander. That is another reason why I want the next blue tang to be captive breed.

Thank you for sharing and stopping by !

Pancho75

Hello @Blue Space, yes unfortunately cyanide is a common practice, I do not like it either since it destroys the natural reefs. The vendor used says they do not use cyanide but the fact that the 3 blue tangs died shortly after been introduced makes me wander. That is another reason why I want the next blue tang to be captive breed.

Thank you for sharing and stopping by !
I should also say the same vendor provided the yellow and the purple tang at the same time and they are perfectly fine.

Pancho75

Here is a pic I took earlier this month. The very hard worker diamond watchman goby. He is the main responsible to keep my sand clean as the tiger watchman goby does not help him so much.
6d6492bcc40db5cb2c29bfb253b025d6.jpeg

Nobbygas

Here is a pic I took earlier this month. The very hard worker diamond watchman goby. He is the main responsible to keep my sand clean as the tiger watchman goby does not help him so much.
6d6492bcc40db5cb2c29bfb253b025d6.jpeg
I love them and always have one in the tank. They work so hard on the sand.

Pancho75

Hey Pancho. I haven't been on in a while. What happened to your tank? I'll read back in a bit.
Hello pal, it was a greek tragedy back in July, power failure for more than 12 hours, I lost all fish except for one clown and my diamond goby, the corals and inverts made it.

To avoid the same crash I bought an Apex and then added a COR20 return pump and DOS for two part dosing. I am starting to introduce new fish now.

When are you coming back with your tank?

Pancho75

My new captive breed blue tang arrived today. He seems happy and getting along with the other two tangs. I am still waiting for the magnificent fox face and thinking about a white tail bristletooth tang to complete my tang crew.

discol76

Hello pal, it was a greek tragedy back in July, power failure for more than 12 hours, I lost all fish except for one clown and my diamond goby, the corals and inverts made it.

To avoid the same crash I bought an Apex and then added a COR20 return pump and DOS for two part dosing. I am starting to introduce new fish now.

When are you coming back with your tank?

So sorry to hear that. The space where the tank was going has been taken over by the wife . I'm building a garden room/mancave so it will go in there......eventually.

Really glad you've stuck with it. I'm going to go back and read it all just now.

Pancho75

A bit bored today only working but when I came out of the hotel it turned there is a Queen concert next to me ! I went to check out if there were still some tickets available but nothing it is sold out.

They will repeat the concert tomorrow so I will try again.

The hotel is the yellow hotel on the left and the Saitama Arena where the concerts are is on the right.

88f0cc83e40fb1be9de5b4675353ce31.jpg
122b16cb88b21b8eabbf45a22679a35f.jpg
8f09ba5084f13031c423c2c9a20dfa29.jpg

discol76

You definitely get to see a lot of the world Pancho.

Read through your thread. You seemed to take it well regards the plumber. I don't think I could have been as diplomatic as yourself. What was he thinking of turning the whole house off. IDIOT.

Anyway you seem to have turned the corner. Hats off to you Sir

Pancho75

You definitely get to see a lot of the world Pancho.

Read through your thread. You seemed to take it well regards the plumber. I don't think I could have been as diplomatic as yourself. What was he thinking of turning the whole house off. IDIOT.

Anyway you seem to have turned the corner. Hats off to you Sir
Yes, that was tough but the leak was outside, the guy never saw my tank. Been away is tough in many ways.

Pancho75

I turned to cam on to check on CBB and tangs, they are doing great including the new comer. Then I see activity in the bottom and it turns out to be the tiger goby is buring the brain coral while digging a new burrow. [emoji1787]