Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

Pancho75

Satan Tang

Never heard of one?

Maybe it’s a new species I brought back from Galapagos with me ? No, it’s the nastiest most viscous fish, a Yellow Tang I’ve ever had!!

It was caught yesterday evening, once again using my superior brain and fishing skills, and is currently in a fish trap at the end of the tank awaiting being returned to the LFS and ‘thrust’ upon them. It’s like having some psychotic killer in the corner of the tank

You may recall he terrorised the first Yellow Tang a few days ago, so I removed that and took it back to the shop, but it didn’t make it apparently. He then attacked the Sailfin Tang which was twice his size, and then when I added the 3 Yellow Tangs he relentlessly went after the smallest, constantly.

So I started the evening watching the tank with a few glasses of wine, and getting angrier at this fish until I snapped, and out came the nets. After about an hour thrashing around with the nets (getting madder and madder!) it was time for the fish trap. And I caught the little ‘gem’ in about 30 minutes. He wasn’t happy! Lol

So whilst walking around the room doing fist pumps shouting ‘who’s the ..... daddy’, my wife appeared and said ‘You caught him then’.........

Satan Tang? are you sure you did not generated an strange creature with so many equipment so much “grape juice”?

LOL

SPR

I’ve been to the LFS today. I ‘happen’ to be in the area.....

And 8 frags ‘fell’ into bags, mainly very nice SPS, and ended up in my tank. So along with the 6 or so I had delivered last week there all in place.

Here’s one of them

EE9B61B3-DDEE-4EB6-9ABB-842132054404.jpeg

Nobbygas

I’ve been to the LFS today. I ‘happen’ to be in the area.....

And 8 frags ‘fell’ into bags, mainly very nice SPS, and ended up in my tank. So along with the 6 or so I had delivered last week there all in place.

Here’s one of them

View attachment 50020
How are you dealing with your lights? Are you using a pre-set that came with them, or have you downloaded a setting that is recommended?

SPR

Not preset no, I did research it, I think Ecotech so they may be the world wide coral settings or similar. I’ve been playing around with them, to make them, well ‘pretty’ to my eye as well especially in the evenings.

At the moment sun rise is 11.30am but this will lower as the system develops as I don’t want to much light at the moment as I’m balancing everything out

Here is a picture from the Apex control panel of the general power settings and one for a specific time. It might not mean much to you if your not familiar with them, but will give a rough idea. It’s not to dissimilar to the Hydra I guess.

52994639-ABD4-4AA1-BAB4-FE41AE7955CB.jpeg

SPR

Oh the other thing I’ve been doing today, is replenishing my wine stocks. I’ve been messing around with fish tanks for the last few months, and stocks of ‘Shaun’s shine’ are getting to dangerous levels that make me nervous, that I might have to buy some!

So, 30 bottles of Italian Amarone, 30 bottles of Australian Cabernet/Shiraz, 30 bottles of Pinot Grigio and 30 bottles of white Zinfandel. That’s should quench my thirst for at least 4 weeks!! Lol

76FCFEFA-55DF-4898-A210-F6B33DBE79D0.jpeg

Nobbygas

Surely that should read '30 bottles of Nottingham Cabernet, 30 bottles of Nottingham Amarone etc etc'.
Or how about, '30 bottles of Sherwood Cabernet', or, '30 bottles of Robin Hood Amarone' ?

Nobbygas

Not preset no, I did research it, I think Ecotech so they may be the world wide coral settings or similar. I’ve been playing around with them, to make them, well ‘pretty’ to my eye as well especially in the evenings.

At the moment sun rise is 11.30am but this will lower as the system develops as I don’t want to much light at the moment as I’m balancing everything out

Here is a picture from the Apex control panel of the general power settings and one for a specific time. It might not mean much to you if your not familiar with them, but will give a rough idea. It’s not to dissimilar to the Hydra I guess.

View attachment 50021
Is that showing 10% red & green at the time indicated? Are you not a bit worried about having them that high?

Pancho75

Oh the other thing I’ve been doing today, is replenishing my wine stocks. I’ve been messing around with fish tanks for the last few months, and stocks of ‘Shaun’s shine’ are getting to dangerous levels that make me nervous, that I might have to buy some!

So, 30 bottles of Italian Amarone, 30 bottles of Australian Cabernet/Shiraz, 30 bottles of Pinot Grigio and 30 bottles of white Zinfandel. That’s should quench my thirst for at least 4 weeks!! Lol

View attachment 50023
Cheers !

Reactions: SPR