Coral Beauty pacing front glass constantly

Matt27

I recently put a coral beauty angelfish into my tank about a week ago and all it does is pace back and forth on the front glass every second of every day, it also hasn't eaten anything I've given it yet but I hear they usually take some time to adjust before they eat. I do almost always have a few pieces of nori wedged between rocks for it to graze on and it doesn't really pay any attention to that either. My real concern is the glass surfing it's got going on, It's in a 70 gallon tank with plenty of life rock with caves and tunnels and holes for it to swim through and all my water parameters are almost perfect and steady with the exception of my temp being a little high but I'm saving up for a chiller but I really doubt that's the problem. Anybody have a similar experience with coral beauty?

AdamsReef

Hey,
When I had a coral beauty he use to always surf the glass from one side of the tank to the other and I’m not really sure why.. with the food I use to feed him a mixed marine frozen food which he loved eating, then eventually he would eat pellet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

It is not unusual to see this behavior in the dwarf angles. Over time it usually decreases. I'd worry more about getting it to feed.

Matt27

It is not unusual to see this behavior in the dwarf angles. Over time it usually decreases. I'd worry more about getting it to feed.

When I fed the tank today he went for a pellet or two, couldn't care less about the mysis or flakes. I have been keeping a piece of nori on a clip and one on each side of the tank wedged into the rock work for him, I haven't seen him go for that yet.