NEW S-650. Have ATO question

Erik Braucht

I got my S650 this weekend and I like the idea of the ATO compatment, but I have never been a fan of the ball float. Is there a aftermarket pump and sensor I can put inline with the tubing to go that route?

SPR

If you use the Tunze Osmolator you can’t use it with the built in tank reservoir (top back of the tank) because it will siphon into the sump. You could maybe install an anti siphon but that would be difficult with lack of space

I’ve used the Tunze Osmolator for 3 years in my S650 but the reservoir is under the power centre and even that had a siphon issue for the first inch of the container

It was faultless until a week ago when the optical sensor failed ‘on’ but I caught it.

My new system is having the Neptune Apex ATK, so I had one to hand so installed it into the S650 and it’s the new version 2. First opinion is the build quality is excellent, and to be honest assuming it’s reliable, there is no comparison with the Tunze. It has 2 optical sensors, and then a final float switch to stop the water if everything ever failed. All this is contained on a magnetic bracket.

The Apex ATK is stand alone as well (you don’t need Apex) and includes an anti siphon connector if needed.

I still use the built in float valve and chamber for redundancy

Last edited:

Nobbygas

My S-650 has been running for nearly three years now, and I still use the standard float valve for the ATO and I've never had any problems with it. I do use a Tunze Osmolator when I go on holiday.

Welcome to the Forum, and please, we all love pictures :)